Skip to main content
Answered

Redirecting to URL but continuing VideoAsk

• 21 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi.

When I redirect to a URL, it redirects the current tab.

I want it to open a new page tab so you can go back to VideoAsk and continue.

Is this possible?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sarah Mussche welcome to the community 😊

At the moment it’s not possible to open a redirected URL in a new tab. It’s something that’s on our feature request board, so I’m going to add a +1 to it and will let you know if it makes it onto the roadmap in the future! 

Hi @Grace !

I came here looking for the answer to this question and I have to say this feature is an absolute MUST for our organization. When can we expect to see it live?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

​​​@Emre Ok thanks for stopping by and giving this an upvote 😊

It’s not currently on the roadmap but I’m continuing to share feedback around this so if you can share any additional information on how you’re using VideoAsk that’d be great, thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Another vote from me, please let me know when available!

Thanks,
Patrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Another vote from me, please let me know when available!

Thanks,
Patrick

Will do Patrick!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Sarah Mussche @Emre Ok @contastic.live @Grace I am hoping this may assist as a possible workaround in the meantime. In my experience of building VideoAsk’s so far, if you add the link within the text overlay under the video tab it will open in a new tab when the user clicks it. This may not still be the desired ideal solution (versus having it in the logic settings for when the button is pressed), but perhaps one that may go part way to achieving the desired outcome. You could direct towards ‘click this link’ in the text overlay, then advise to come back to this tab perhaps to continue on the VideoAsk?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

See example here: