VideoAsk COPPA

Userlevel 1

I would like to know if there is a VideoAsk Kids, Safe Mode, or another option that is COPPA compliant. I would love to use VideoAsk for direct-to-youth engagement but lack of disclosure around COPPA is a barrier.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Got an answer from customer service. They don’t want to do it. That’s interesting. I’m glad that they were upfront that this is not a priority. 

I’d be curious to know if it’s just me or if anyone else here is interested in using VideoAsk with youth? What tools do you use to collect UGC from youth that is COPPA compliant?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @JayneDoe thanks for your question and thank you for following up to let us know you’d had an answer from support 😊

Seems like our security and compliance team don’t have it on the road map right now, but we would love to keep it in their minds for the future, especially if more and more people are wanting to use VideoAsk and need it to be COPPA compliant.

Would love to hear a bit more about your project and how a video messaging tool could benefit you - and hopefully we might hear from some other members in a similar situation too!

Userlevel 1

Hi Grace. I didn’t see your reply so I’ll bring this thread back to life. 

My team works with children building online community. An example of a program we host is building community for homeschool kids. We’d like to be able to take surveys about how the kids like the program, and collect UGC. Goals for the UGC would include educating, entertaining, and inspiring kids, as well as empowering kids to lead their own conversations and build their own community with minimal intervention because kids can do anything!

We also manage community for adults, including the kids’ parents and their teachers. It would be a game changer to be able to have the adult UGC and kid UGC collected using a similar tool. It’s not something that is available on the market right now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JayneDoe thanks so much for reviving this, great to hear what you’re up to and the communities you are building.

I can imagine it would be really helpful to have everything in the same place for both adult and child UGC, I’ll definitely pass all this on to our product and security teams for consideration as we keep building VideoAsk.

Have you been using VideoAsk at all for the adult community?