Answered

Respondent Notifications stay at notifications@typeform.com

Hello everyone,

I set my mail in the “ Reply to “ input field, but when I test to send the mail, I receive it with the adress: “ notifications@typeform.com”

How to fix this bug please ?

Thanks all 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 24 March 2021, 15:03

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Coins SIde - just a quick ‘pedantic’ question from a user who had the same problem: did you publish the form again after you set up the notification email? I had not done that and saw a similar issue..

des

Hey John, 

Thanks for your answers. I thinks yes I did.. cause I updated it a lot 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey John, 

Thanks for your answers. I thinks yes I did.. cause I updated it a lot 

sorry having asked that simple question but i keep forgetting to do that as well lol.. 

that’s weird though… can  you throw up a screen shot of the notifications page (blur out your email address though) cuz that is something the Typeform support folk will ask for anyway lol. 

cheers

Thanks for your reply ! 

So when I set up Respondent notifications and made a test, I had this :

So all people who will receive the mail will see this, not really nice :(

I don’t know why it does it, but as you said I think it’s a good problem to solve

Thanks again for your time

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for your reply ! 

So when I set up Respondent notifications and made a test, I had this :

So all people who will receive the mail will see this, not really nice :(

I don’t know why it does it, but as you said I think it’s a good problem to solve

Thanks again for your time

that email address is the sender of the notification - i get the same FROM address when i set respondent notifications. 

click the reply button in your email to respond to that email and it should automatically show up as your email address in the reply.. I just did a test and this is the screen capture of the notification email but when i clicked on the reply button, it automatically put in my email as the recipient for the email see the start of the email in the bottom of the image.. 

Hey, 

Now I have an other problem.. always with the Respondent Notifications: 

A token appear at the end of the mail.. not really nice..

How can I fix it ? Thanks a lot 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Coins SIde The token you’re seeing is expected behavior and is the Response ID of the respondent (found in your results). This is added automatically to the notifications in white font (which usually doesn’t show unless viewing dark mode) so you can easily identify the email when comparing it to your results. 

Hi there, 

I have the same problem.

E-Mail sender to respondents is “notifications” (notifications@typeform.com)

This does not really make a serious impression. 

How is it possible to change that? Can’t find anything.

Thanks all for support in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @flowsbuzz If you click the reply button, it should then reply to the email you have in the notifications (not the Typeform email). Let us know if that’s not working for you!

One thing to note is that it’s not possible to change what email the notifications are sent from. 

Can anyone tell me how to change the email if someone filled in the form?

Please see below what the customer see in his email:

notifications@typeform.com

I want to make this our company email.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Jan

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Janvantwillert1986 I added your post here where we have the answer. 😁

Hello - did anyone get an answer on how to change the typeform email to a company/personal one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kiran1 This isn’t a feature we offer at this time, but you could use Zapier to send notifications from your own email service provider instead.