Answered

Audio Broken today (4/20/2023)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

All my videosasks have no audio when I view them on mobile, but when I view on desktop everything works fine. 

Is there an outage or glitch thats causing this? Ive tried multiple phones and browsers on mobile and all are having the same problem (no audio on the videos). 

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 20 April 2023, 20:23

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dan L, thanks for mentioning this.

What’s your videoask URL?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@andrew_videoask i Just DM’d it to you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dan L, I was able to reproduce this issue on an iPhone 14 in Safari. 

One of my colleagues tested on an Android device and wasn’t able to reproduce the problem. 

What device(s) have you tested on? 

Asking some other colleagues to test as well...

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

All the tests were on iphone. The browsers that arent working on iPhone are Chrome and safari 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing that info, @Dan L. This issue does appear to be isolated to iPhones.

I’ve escalated this is a top priority bug for our engineers, and they’re currently working on a fix. 

Thanks for your patience. I’ll keep you posted!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dan L, we’ve just pushed a fix. Everything looks good from my side.

Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

thanks! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@andrew_videoask

This broke again. Now When i click play the video plays with no sound and the play button is still on the screen with the video playing. I have to click play twice for the sound to work but when I click play the second time the video starts over from the beggining 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dan L, thanks for your patience while I was out of office.

Are you still experiencing this issue? I see that Grace from our team has been in touch with you, and it seems like everything is resolved. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey Andrew, no worries. Yes the “Delay interaction” bug was resolved. Thanks!