10 Responses for Free - What a Joke!

• 3 November 2021
  • 4 replies

The “new” free plan is useless.  Ten responses per month.  What a joke!  Basically, type form is saying that virtually everyone needs to have a paid subscription.  

I used type form once or twice a year to get free back from a group of teenagers that I mentor as a volunteer.  There are 15-20 people in the group.  As a free user I was happy to advertise type form to this group and their parents.  

Now, I will need to look for a different service.  

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Tonydavid! I hope you're having a nice day. :slight_smile:

We're sorry for your frustration and we understand this change in the free plan can be a bit of a stretch, however, on the bright side you have much more functionalities for free. We included lots of previously paid features and integrations into the new free plan, the idea is that you can demo and explore more of the available functionality before deciding if the product suits your needs. 

To alleviate your response limit problem, you can test your forms in the Preview mode instead, that way you only use up the responses when your typeform is filled by the right respondents.

It's also important to say that our product is evolving and this has a natural impact in our pricing model. For your specific case, I believe it's also worth checking out our discounts for non-profit, NGO and students. You can read more info about it on this page

I hope I was able to help! Wishing you a good day! :wave_tone2:

10 Responses for Free is bad solution. It's a bad attitude towards your user. If you don't want to give to use your service for free, you need remove Free Plan and add Try period.
I was very upset when I set everything up and it turned out that it makes no sense to use the form.

Way too less.
But can’t judge. Maybe it costs them 1 bazillion dollars a month to maintain 10 responses 😥

I had an extremely bad experience with the Free plan… I set up the Typeform without knowing the form could only accept 10 responses. And at the event when we were collecting invaluable feedback from our participants, over 90 participants opened my form, but only 10 went through because of the limit… And the form closed after accepting 10 responses! And the worst thing is that I only found out post-event that there was this limit!! So infuriating!!!

Typeform - in the future, please consider to continue accepting the responses and let us pay for the next tier plan to unlock the responses. I would have gladly paid the next tier plan had I known it would only accept 10 responses. Very disappointing and infuriating - because of this, we missed out on receiving so much valuable feedback from our participants. Could you also make it clearer somewhere that the Free Plan only allows for 10 responses…