How bad can a first Survey be?! :D

• 4 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Just wanted to get feedback on my first survey with understanding issues or biased questioning …

https://survey.typeform.com/to/fklz2A45#hidden1=xxxxx

Feel free to give constructive feedback :)

Greetings from Munich

Michèl

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ducki Happy Monday! Thanks for posting your form here. :grin:

@Paulo @bella.moore @belinda_long @john.desborough @James if anyone has any feedback, that would be wonderful!

Hello @Ducki ! It’s a good survey, in my opinion. Here’s what I felt:

1. I think the participant would have a good understanding of the goal of this survey, maybe by reading something in your website. For me, with no previous information about what to expect, it felt I could use a little more detail about the survey before I click Continue.
  2. Questions 8 and 11 are open AND mandatory questions. Personally I wouldn't force a respondent to write something, unless they’are my employees or have some kind of obligation with me. I would avoid the open questions altogether or would make them optional.

And I liked the color scheme!:relaxed:

Just my 2 cents.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Heey @Ducki! Congrats on your form! :tada:

I agree with @Paulo's comments! I'd also like to ask if you're using hidden fields? If yes, any integration with it? 

I also feel that sometimes you give too many options to the questions you're allowing multiple answers. It's nice - but I think this feature should be used wisely and maybe your results can be a bit hard to analyze! Just a thought, ofc! 

Anyways, I'm also tagging other members that might be happy to give you some feedback! @Mica @Soraya_CHOICE @ValdemarQ @talon256 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ducki - nice job.. as a data governance/quality guy, I can appreciate what you are trying to do .. though I agree with the other comments above. 

You might be constraining some of the utility by using the “European” focus - it is also pertinent to other geographies. 

but good first job

des

Userlevel 1

Wood nice thanks for your feedback!
I will incorporate your good thoughts and change the survey a little …

Badge +2

@Ducki I took the survey as well, I think you’ll see some adjustments that could be made based on my ‘Other’ answers.

I echo @john.desborough (since I’m in the US) about the restriction to European focus.

I wasn’t sure about the ‘Top 5 of 47 options’ question. I honestly just skipped over it, since I only saw 5 options and none of them were important to me. I actually only understood what 2 or 3 of them meant, so I was at a loss when trying to prioritize them. I looked for the remaining 42, in case I could pick 5 that I understood from those ones and rank them, to no avail.

I’ve experimented a lot with the Calendly integration, and I just want to warn you that if a user were to complete the entire survey, then book the optional Calendly appointment and misunderstand that ‘Submit’ on the Calendly App doesn’t submit the Typeform, they could potentially close the window without letting you ever see their answers! 

There are some workarounds that might work for you, but this is a problem that may not be around much longer, anyway. You can find workarounds and keep tabs on it by following here: 

Interesting product! I’ve signed up for the newsletter.

Thanks, @Gabi Amaral for the tag!

Userlevel 1

Wood nice really good feedback and proposals @talon256 thanks!

If you want to have a little prototype presentation let me know :)
I would love to introduce you to what we want to start …

Greetings

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know if you want feedback in other forms you've built, @Ducki! That's actually a great exercise for us all. :wink: