Answered

360 Degree Feedback Survey to PDF

• 1 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello! We have been creating 360s for our leadership program and we have been manually taking the Typeform data and creating PDFs since there are both long answer and charts. I’m looking to find a better way!

One thing I find frustrating about TF is that when I view the summary results, there are beautiful charts. If I could even right click and copy, I would be satisfied but as it is, I need to use my Snipping Tool for each chart. This is SO time consuming. Again, there must be a better way! I hope TF is looking at a nicer way to download a PDF, since I’ve seen this request a few times while searching in this Community.

I saw info about Document Studio but because I need to create charts from the data, that doesn’t seem to be the solution. I’ve been playing around with the Google Spreadsheet data that is imported to create charts but I need to create a chart for about 15 individual questions… I’m also having a hard time getting the same data as what is in the TF summary (I especially like the Avg. detail).

Any ideas? (here is a snip of one of the charts that I’m trying to export)

icon

Best answer by Michaela 2 September 2021, 09:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Shelley! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :blue_heart:

Unfortunately, we don't offer the option to generate a PDF with your results. However, what you could try is going to your Summary tab, click on "Generate report". Then, you'll select the option "Print" and "Save as PDF". It won't work for the open-ended questions though. :pensive:

We have several resources in our Help Center and our Community that could give you some insights about this. 

In the meantime, I'm also tagging @Liz, @john.desborough, @Paulo, and @Michaela that might have some good suggestions to help you!  :wink:

Wishing you a great day! :sunny:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Shelley - this is from another user

check out this link to a tutorial on Google Data and it’s capabilities - it gives you some ability to create customized reports as well

one note: you can create the graphs you need in a Google Sheet and incorporate it in a Google Slide template. When you merge data into the slide and create an updated report to view/email the graph will update to reflect the new data. Document Studio will then convert into pdf and mail. 

yes it requires some work to set this up the first time and test it out but it does work. It works similarly if you connect to Excel and use PowerPoint to create your reports. 

in terms of the averages, once your data is in your spreadsheet, you can calculate the factors and use the merge functions to incorporate into the reports. 

just a few thoughts before the second coffee

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey guys, what a fun use case! Merging data into docs and pdfs is my personal favourite :sweat_smile:

Hi @Shelley, welcome to the community! Just wanted to jump in and confirm that Integromat could totally help here :blush:

You would just need to prepare a template doc in Google Docs with {…...} placeholders, set up your typeform and:

• watch for new submissions
  • use the responses to create a new doc from the template :arrow_up:
  • download the doc as a PDF 
  • save the PDF to Google Drive (or you could send it via email...that really depends on your preference :slight_smile: )

The scenario here would look like this:

There’s also a possibility to remove the newly generated document from Google Drive in case you don’t need it there. 

There is actually a pre-made template that does exactly this with data grabbed from monday.com. You can check it out and follow it to see how to set up the fields in the desired scenario.

Curious to see what the options are when integrating Typeform with other apps and automating relevant tasks? Check out the available features of the Typeform integration on Integromat. Ohh and when I say “features” I mean the actions, triggers and pre-made templates you can play around with :slight_smile:

Thanks for your responses! I’m going to review them in more detail. I’m fully onboard with some upfront work since we offer these 360s as part of our leadership programs and so I need to do about 40 of them per intake. I feel like it’s the charts that are the most challenging. It’s not hard to copy paste the long answers. I sure do which I could right click and copy the charts that are created beautifully right in Typeform!

@Michaela @john.desborough @Gabi Amaral