Answered

Need help understanding how to use videoAsk for my students

• 22 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, I teach online and want to ask my students to send in a short video clip about there journey.  How would I do this via videoAsk.  Will I create a profile and then send to them to do a video via my profile?

icon

Best answer by Grace 24 July 2023, 09:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @NatalieTWC 

I would suggest that you check out the link below which describes in depth on how to get started with using VideoAsk

https://www.videoask.com/help/how-it-works/7734134796564-getting-started-with-videoask

Please have a look at it, and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks for this.  I watched it.  But doesn't answer my query.  I want to get students to shoot a short case study video and send it to me.  Is there an easy way to do this with out them having to create their own account?

I.e do I have an account and just send them a link for them to record?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NatalieTWC welcome to the community!

Your students don’t need to have a VideoAsk account themselves, only you need an account.

You could create a videoask and choose the open-ended answer type so that they can respond to your videoask via video. Here they can record their message to you which will land in your inbox. If you just want to receive video messages, you can toggle off text and audio so they only have one option to respond to you.

I would also recommend turning on collect contact details so each video will have their name when it arrives in your VideoAsk inbox.

Let us know if you need any more help with this 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NatalieTWC I hope you had a wonderful week! Were you able to create a form for your students? Let us know if you still need help!

Hello, not yet - aiming on doing it this week :)