News

Meet Gabi, the new Community Advocate at Typeform

Meet Gabi, the new Community Advocate at Typeform
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello my friends! :hugging:

My name is Gabi and I'm the new Community Advocate here at Typeform! I just joined the company and couldn’t be more excited about being part of this fantastic community! 

I’m a big believer in the power of community and that’s why I couldn’t resist the temptation to join this project. Together we’ll keep growing a friendly, exciting and useful space for all Typeform creators to exchange ideas, solutions and, more importantly, some jokes (I’m a big fan of dad jokes!).

I’m Brazilian but I’ve been living in the Old Continent (aka Europe) since 2017. I’m very passionate about traveling and new cultures, so I can’t wait to get to know more about you and your culture. I’ve lived in Canada, Ireland, Brazil, Italy and Portugal. Now, thanks to Typeform, I’ll soon be making a move to lovely Spain! 

In my previous life, I worked as a Sports Journalist and, like most Brazilians, I’m a little bit obsessed with football. Feel free to open a topic in the community to test my knowledge about it and have a (healthy) argument about who’s the best player of all time!

Check out my typeform intro to get to know me a little bit better! Fun fact about myself? I love Spaghetti Carbonara and I dance Samba and Forró (Brazilian dances). What about you? :smiley:

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Gabi Amaral! Welcome to the Typeform Community!!! :heart_eyes:

The Community team is delighted to have you and I'm confident this will be an amazing experience!

I also want to let our members know that I'll be moving to Support and therefore I'll be less active here in the Community. I'll miss you all but be assured I'll join some conversations eventually, so this is just a see you later =) I'm sure the Community will be in great hands with this amazing team @Liz@Gabriel@James and… @Gabi Amaral from now on! 

I'm excited to see the Community growing more and more! Thanks everyone who collaborate to that. :hugging:

Badge +5

Welcome to the team, @Gabi Amaral ! We’re so glad to have you. You’ll play a vital role in making this community a unique space where we all learn together (and from each other) about how to do extraordinary things with Typeform. The sky is the limit when it comes what our creators can achieve using Typeform and VideoAsk - and we are here to support and amplify that. 

There’s been a lot of talk about me doing a dance for the community, but I think we now have a better candidate for that sort of initiative 😂

Fun fact about me? 

One of my favourite ‘sports’ is catching flies and mosquitos ‘on the fly’. My dream is one day being able to catch them with chopsticks. I’ll call that sport ‘chopstick hunting’ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - welcome to the Community. looking forward to your insights and help in making the world of Typeforming smooth. 

@Mariana - as i have said before, i am both happy (for you)  and sad (for the community) to see you move over to the support side. I know that you will be a tremendous asset to your new team but we will miss your sunshine on a daily basis. 

@Gabriel - lol re the chopsticks.. It is a ‘punishment’ here that i have to do something similar to catch popcorn that my 5 yr old tosses my way… only came close once. My wife is much better at that game lol. 

cheers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello Typeform Community!

The Support team is very very lucky to have you @Mariana! :heart_eyes: I'm pretty sure you'll miss our community and the team as much as we'll miss you, so please, never be a stranger!!! :hugging:

@Gabriel thanks for having me in the team! And don't worry about the dancing, I'll be in charge of that from now on (singing as well, my mom always says I'm amazing at it!).
P.S. If you want to become a pro in 'chopstick hunting', I suggest you find a Mr. Miyagi for yourself! 

Oh @john.desborough, I've already heard a lot of great things about you! :sunglasses: Can't wait to start collaborating and contributing to this amazing community! I think I've missed a fun fact about you? Is there anything I should know about you? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Gabi Amaral: there is a very important fact about @john.desborough: he LOVES coffee! And he knows how to make a vegan feijoada!!! (by the way, I'd love to try that!) 

And to all of you: thank you very much for your kind words. I'm excited to move but I'm already missing all of this. :heart:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - rumours.. just rumours.. though it is true that I love coffee. and i have the tshirts to prove it.. I loved your get to know you quiz - nice to see a traveler AND someone who has been to Granville Island .. 

I will admit to having traveled to over 60 countries for work but the best times were when i was based in London UK and could grab a cheap flight to the continent early saturday morning, wander around a city until sunday evening and fly back.. it was cheaper to do that than to go out for a meal in London lol.. 

Looking forward to keeping this community growing! welcome to the ‘madness’… 

ps ..i wonder if @Gabriel could catch flies/mosquitos with the chopsticks while doing the samba… ??

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabi Amaral I do know how to make a really good carbonara…. :heart_eyes: So I know what we’ll have to do next time I’m in Spain! 

@Gabi Amaral Welcome to the Community from another expatriate Brazilian!:grin:

I share your love for Samba, Forró and Carbonara. Just had some fun moments answering your Typeform intro!

@Mariana As I have said before, it is a bittersweet feeling, but I know it is for the greater good. Gonna submit tons of tickets!:laughing:

@Gabriel You’re invited to visit my place. We have plenty of chopsticks. And flies…

Mental note: @john.desborough can make feijoada and @Liz can make a really good carbonara.

Fun fact about me?

I'm a drummer in my spare time and love to learn new languages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great to meet you all! Happy you enjoyed my quiz! :nerd:

@john.desborough Oh, when I lived in Vancouver I was at Granville Island ALL THE TIME! It's definitely one of my favorite spots over there (also North Vancouver). 
Well, coffee makes life better! I couldn't live without it. I've heard you've got some cool coffee t-shirts. Looking forward to seeing them!

@Liz Ok, now I'll try not to be a stalker when you're in Spain (Or Portugal or Italy!) :grimacing:

@Paulo, after a few years living abroad, I know that Brazilians are all over the world! It must be AMAZING living in Japan.
You just gave me an idea of a Samba and Forró workshop… Let's plan this! Oh, and I love languages as well. How many do you speak? 

​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sounds like @Gabi Amaral or @Paulo need to post a dancing video like @Gabriel ‘s when we reach 7k members! :smiley::rofl:

@Gabi Amaral This is so true! We’re in like everywhere!
There's a joke running in Brazil, saying that Brazilians on Mars are concerned about how to act when the Americans arrive...:laughing:
I really can’t complain about living in Japan, I really like in here!
I speak Portuguese, English, Spanish and Japanese. Currently trying to learn Korean and Japanese Sign Language. How about you?

@Liz You didn't say that!!:scream:
I'll need to watch @Gabriel ‘s video for reference then...:laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Welcome along @Gabi Amaral it’s great have you join our community family :family_mwgb:  

You’ve brought a lot of hot topics to the table already. Looking forward to chatting more about pasta (how to make it), Italy (which place to visit), and football (why Messi is the GOAT). If you want to start a thread on Dad jokes I can definitely come and dominate that (actually @ish would give me a run for my money). And I’m also happy to lend my support to the big dance off (I won’t participate but I can operate the glitter ball if needed).  

Of course, we can also do some Typeform-related stuff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’m excited about bringing you in into the fold on the different content initiatives we’re working on!

Thanks for all the great work you’ve put it to help build the foundations of this wonderful community @Mariana . It’s been amazing working alongside you. Our loss is the Support team’s gain :hugging:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Paulo It's awesome that you're learning Korean and that you speak so many languages! I speak Portuguese, English, Italian and Spanish. Definitely need to practice Italian and Spanish though! :nerd:

@James, thank you so much for welcoming me into the family! I have to say I'm better at EATING pasta, not making it! :spaghetti: Count on me to suggest places to visit here (I'm in Naples at the moment!), to talk about football and to tell some horrible (amazing?) Dad jokes! :grin: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James Dad jokes! Dad jokes! We need a dad jokes thread!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

A thread you say @Liz ? I’m a frayed knot :drum:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - oh buoy, knot again!  don’t get me started on dad jokes…. (that was a good one btw..) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James - oh buoy, knot again!  don’t get me started on dad jokes…. (that was a good one btw..) 

Bravo @john.desborough Now I under-strand what you are cable-ble of then I definitely to up my Dad joke game. Mine was a bit ropey compared to yours. Maybe we do need a separate thread for all this to avoid spamming poor @Gabi Amaral ‘s introduction post with inane punnery...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - as a pundit, i would agree that we could stitch together something in another thread that would not tie up this intro post with puns or dad-jokes… as a curmudgeon, i would agree we should belay any fears and stay off @Gabi Amaral ‘s lawn. Shall we string together or weave another storyline where we can let this stuff purlcolate over coffee?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You darned well right we should @john.desborough . It’s done:

I’ve a feeling this could be the worst contribution I’ve made to this community. And something that might get me fired for not doing any real work ever again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahaha yes!!! Best day ever!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Welcome @Gabi Amaral -- nice to see someone who’s spent time in Vancouver!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You darned well right we should @john.desborough . It’s done:

I’ve a feeling this could be the worst contribution I’ve made to this community. And something that might get me fired for not doing any real work ever again.

@James FIRED! :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Welcome @Gabi Amaral -- nice to see someone who’s spent time in Vancouver!

Thank you,@Scott Baldwin! Yes, I spent one year and a half over there. I love the city!! :heart_eyes: Are you from Vancouver? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Gabi Amaral yes!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Scott Baldwin - howdy from Ottawa. Denman and Granville Island and I have had a thing going on for years lol.. every time i get to Van, first for sushi then for beer and sunset on upper deck … 

cheers to the left coast

des