Any way to remove question numbers?

Userlevel 2

Hello!

Is it possible to remove numbers from Typeform questions?

I’ve created a questionnaire that links several brief questionnaires -- so that if respondents bail part-way through, we still get some data. The combined questionnaire looks great, except for question numbers, which don’t make sense (1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2). Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-SuzW

Liz 2 years ago

Hi @Beppe Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feedback! I do believe this is something our product team is working on now, and as soon as I have any updates on this, I’ll post them here! :grinning:

View original

49 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Beppe Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feedback! I do believe this is something our product team is working on now, and as soon as I have any updates on this, I’ll post them here! :grinning:

Userlevel 2

It would be great if one could choose to either show or hide the number of the question.

In my case, I use typeform for quizes and in my forms the first questions are to identify the respondent. Then the real quiz questions start at slide 4 or 5. This makes it confusing to people because when they are in the middle of the quiz they realize the number of the question doesn’t match the number of quiz questions they have answered.

It’s confusing really. 

An option to show or hide the number of the question on the published form would be great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kellywonder Ah, that makes sense, especially when considering the number of questions they’re actually answer versus the ones where they’re just providing information. Thank you for sharing this!

I need this too! 

Userlevel 2

Hi @kellywonder Ah, that makes sense, especially when considering the number of questions they’re actually answer versus the ones where they’re just providing information. Thank you for sharing this!

Another relevant situation that may cause confusion among respondants is when the form jumps to questions that do not follow the numeric order of the slides. For example: I may be answering question two or three and then be thrown to question number 11 due the logic aplied to my previous answers. 
The respondant that notice the jumps in the number of the questions may think “did I do something wrong?” because the number label just doesnt make sense in this context.
A show/hide option is a must!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kellywonder The question numbers should follow a sequential order, even if you’re using logic jumps in the form. So, if you have questions 1, 2, 3 on your form, but your respondent skips Question 2, they should still see the question numbers like 1, 2. 

If you’re not seeing this, do you mind sharing your form URL (as well as which questions aren’t showing the correct numbers) so we can take a look? 

Userlevel 1

@Liz Any news on this feature request? It’s been over a year since it has been submitted to Product Management initially. Thank you, I appreciate an update and hoping for a timeline or tentative release date. 

Can you please do this typeform. It is not a lot of work fand adds a lot of value to your product. For example, we are surveying elderly and neuro-diverse people who get confused at question numbers that skip due to logic within the survey. They would far prefer a simple progress bar.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Walter and @E Paz Our product team is planning to work on it this quarter, but they are fixing the form footer first. The footer will include the question numbers, so just something to keep in mind. 

As always, I’ll post any further updates here as I have them. 

Userlevel 1

@Liz Thanks for the update, I’m sure that a lot of people will appreciate this feature being rolled out soon. Please keep us posted.

Just FYI that on your homepage, the beautiful slide show is showing your product without the question numbers ;) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Walter , that’s a good point. I shared this with our marketing team!

Userlevel 1

@Liz I’d prefer if you shared this with the product management team, so that we will have a solution very soon, one that also fits with your marketing website :) - Thanks! 

I echo others who have requested this functionality. When creating a lead form, it is much less daunting to fill out numerous bits of required information when there is NOT a number listed versus when it shows 1, 2, up to 7 or 8. 

It's really a problem when you branch off like if a person answers wrong go to question 2 but if it's right, jump to 3....

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Is it possible to take Typeform’s auto populated question number away?

For example, I have a quiz where I ask for a name (Question 1 according to Typeform) and then I start asking questions. Typeform automatically numbers the next question as two. This is confusing for people when I tell them there are only 5 questions, and then the name is counted as one. As per the image below…

My work around is the use caps to highlight it’s question 1, but it can still be confusing. Feels like there’s a switch somewhere to turn it off that I haven’t found

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Beppe I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. If you have any other questions, let us know!

Userlevel 1

Any updates on this long-awaited feature? 

Userlevel 1

I need to urgently remove the letters  at the beginning of the boxes - when will this feature finally be available??? W the numbers, page  looks like c**p. Sorry, but fact. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Franky I’ve added your post here where you can follow for updates as we have them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, it’s me again! The product team does have this on the roadmap for this year, but no specific dates yet. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It is silly because I may break a survey up into multiple surveys and redirect a user to a different survey depending on their answers to the initial question(s). I do not want them to see 1 --> question text, and then on the next page (after redirecting to a new survey), see 1 --> question text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I understand, @TMo! Thank you for the feedback! 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @john.desborough @suzw @StefanPrice @AlexH @minderoo @ricardo09@mail.com @intercom @Anthony Quigley @Pairadime @TMo @Franky @barriebramley @BFTiCE @MarkE @Walter @E Paz @Esfera @kellywonder 

Some good news for you all on this Tuesday! Look what got released today. 😁

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Some good news for you all on this Tuesday! Look what got released today. 😁

Thank you, thank you. So much happiness 😀