Skip to main content
Answered

background image is being cutoff when published

• 13 June 2024
  • 4 replies

the background image on my form is being resized depending on what browser it’s viewed on, but all of them are cutting off a significant portion of the background image (a gif) and it’s misaligning the graphics with the rest of my form. can this be fixed? here is a link 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @blazingholmes Oh I love this background!! Do you mind sharing what size of file you’re uploading? 

hi thanks @Liz and thanks for the quick reply! it’s 1346x897 but ive tried others and it stretches out the same (maybe i havent tried the right size? its a loooot of work to change everything and i don’t want to try a bunch of wrong things)

i have done one with 1920x1080p for chrome and it looks the exact same as the above one when i publish it (it stretches) but in the preview and when im editing it looks changed. here is a link to the one with the 1920x1080

update: it looks like it should when you put your web browser in full screen mode but when you just have a normal browser window open everything is cutoff. it would be great if in the future that background image could scale, it shouldn’t matter what browser or browser window size you are using - all other images besides the background one scale when you enter/leave full screen. i know this might not be an issue for some people but my quiz for example has links that will open in a new tab for each question so they can zoom in to the pictures, it just really is going to make what was going to be a beautiful experience a bit janky. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @blazingholmes Ah, this is really good feedback - I’ll share this with the product team. I know our backgrounds have a bit set sizing now, but I agree that scaled sizing would be much better!