Answered

Build one ending merging user's multiple inputs

• 16 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I’m trying to build a “wizard” to help my users chose the right product(s) among 17 options.

So far I’m using multiple choice questions, and depending on the answers they are proposed with different endings with one recommendation each time.

But we can’t link user answers to multiple suggestions. The issue is that the predefined answers can’t be recalled in later screen, nore can they be cumulated in the ending, so we can’t propose more than 1 product in the ending screen. 

For instance, we wish that if user select options 1, 2 and/or 3, then one ending is “based on your answers, we believe products A, B and/or C are right for you”.

I imagine I could build a rather long list of endings to foresee any possible combination, but 17 powers of 17 = 827240261886336700000 :)

icon

Best answer by Mariana 17 February 2021, 09:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @jbl. Welcome to the Typeform Community! 🥳

In fact, the only way to offer three different products in one Ending would be by creating these Endings manually, one by one. I'll add a note about this feedback though! Oftentimes we share the most popular suggestions with the product team. In case there are more users who would like to have this option, speak now or forever hold your peace. 😛

Understood, thanks for the reply.

I may avoid having to build 827240261886336700000 endings (does Typeform event supports such a quantity) if there were some conditional logic built in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I totally understand, @jbl. I'll make sure to note this suggestion. 

Regarding your question about our capacity, typeforms can be made up of many different components, think your questions, images, Logic Jumps, Calculations and more. The more of these that are in your form, the more data that’s being worked with in your Create panel, too. So, while we don’t restrict the amount of these components you can use, it’s worth keeping in mind that if your forms are very large and complex, the likelihood of performance issues might increase.

Our Product team is aware of feedback around this and it's become more of a priority as we work towards establishing benchmarks and limits for typeforms in the builder. Of course, if you ever notice any performance issues with your typeforms, please be sure to let us know and we'll be happy to help. =)