Answered

Button text is not customized

Hy

I tried to customized the text of a button (into the settings of a statement question) but it doesn’t show in the published quizz. 

Here is the printscreen of my quizz :

And the result :

Can you help please ?

icon

Best answer by Liz 21 March 2023, 15:14

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @amoz It looks like you changed the button for the question but not for the submit button, which is different. You can change the text for the submit button in the messages setting

Thanks. It worked indeed !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear that worked, @amoz ! Let me know I can help with anything else. 😀

Is there a way to customize the submit button for different sections? I have a form with conditional logic that leads to two end states that each need different submit button text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hungrypanda we don’t have this feature available, but I can share this suggestion with the product team. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@hungrypanda If you have two endings in your typeform, you can customize the button for each ending.

Is that different from customize the button text on that page? It seems that the submit button setting overrides the custom text for both endings. Sounds like I might be using the wrong method though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, that button is different than the submit button, @hungrypanda . The submit button can be changed in the system messages, but you can also have a button on the ending to redirect to a URL in which that text can be changed per ending. 

That seems to be exactly what I’m doing but for some reason the button customization is getting overridden by the submit message configuration.

Here’s how I have the button configured

Here’s how it looks in the actual form

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@hungrypanda - your button ‘this is bananas’ is on a statement page, you say. 

you can’t redirect as an ending UNTIL the user hits submit. 

don’t change the button on the statement page - shown on the right of your image. 

click on the gear icon, go into Message and scroll down to see the Submit message - then change it there. that will invoke the submission of the data and activate the redirect

des