Answered

CalculationQuestion

• 25 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello!  I am trying to setup the logic calculation for the following custom variables that output a range (highend, lowend).  

Q1.  How many stories is your home?  [Multiple Choice with 4 options, each with a different value to be used in a calculation on another question].

Q2.  How many downspouts do you have? [Numeric Answer]

Calculation must go as follows:

High End Output = Q1 Multiplier X Numeric Answer to Q2

Can anyone help with how this is setup in logic?  

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz 26 August 2022, 17:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dwieser The first thing you’ll need to do is create a variable for the first question so you can add different amounts to that variable based on how they respond. 

Then, in logic jumps, you can first set logics to add different amounts based on the answer. Then in the second question, you’ll multiply the answer they provide by the variable you created in the first question. 

It should look something like this: 

And if you get stuck, this article can help with variables, and this can help with logic jumps. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Would you want to contract to help bring this over the finish line?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you - But I also need to make sure that these amounts are added to a “running total” of price for two variables that output a low and high “range.”  I’ve created two variables for these amounts:  @lowend and @highend

So not only do I need to calculate based on multiple responses, which you clearly showed, but I need to also make sure these amounts get added to the @lowend and @highend custom variables.  I think if I figure that out, we’ll be good to go!

Thanks again!

Dave Wieser

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @dwieser! If you wish to hire a professional to help you with your typeform, I suggest to take a look at this thread: 

Hope it helps! 😉

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, Gabi.  I checked out the agency list and reached out to Bam Digital and Steven got right back to me last Friday, 8/26.  We scheduled a time to review the project today at 8/29/22, 10a CST, but he did not show up in the zoom call or respond to follow up call.  Do you have any suggestions for reliable partners?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dwieser The best thing to do would be to contact that agency back directly or search for a new one here