Answered

Can I print the Branching and Calculations list?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello - I have a registration for with a complex series of branching and calculations to determine ticket pricing for a conference. I have had a few people reach out with incorrect calculations, and I am trying to track down the logic error.

Is it possible to print out the full list of Branching and Calculations? 

The individual logic steps I have set up appear to be correct. However, there must be some sequencing error leading to the increased pricing. I would love to be able to see the full list of these to help sort that out, but on my screen I can only see a portion at a time. I have tried printing the browser window, but it will only print a portion of the visible section (even if I Zoom out to fit more in the window, it still won’t print what it shows).

Thanks for any tips!

icon

Best answer by jshirk 21 March 2023, 22:35

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jshirk - i wish there was something like this natively in the tool as well.. One form for a client had over 3k logic rules in the entire process and screen capture into google doc worked but was not an exercise i would ever consider doing again.. lol.. 

now i keep a ‘running spreadsheet’ with the logic rules written out for every form. (per question, in sequence as i create them and then validated against how Typeform may alter the sequence)

not what you want to hear, i am sure.. but that works for me.. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

…. now i keep a ‘running spreadsheet’ with the logic rules written out for every form. (per question, in sequence as i create them and then validated against how Typeform may alter the sequence)

This is a helpful suggestion - are there canonical sources for understanding how Typeform alters sequencing, especially complex sequencing? I think I’m probably tripping up on a set of and/or logics, but the cat/dog instruction page and example don’t seem to help me out. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

At risk of turning this into a different topic, here is what I’m struggling with. I have a three-factor logic, one of which is a “none of the above” question. The details:

• A registrant is a member or a non-member
  • A registrant is attending online or in-person
  • A registrant is one of four discount categories (student, retiree, etc.) or they are “none of the above”

I can get the logic pricing to work for all of the none of the above individuals. But the individual discount categories show up with a higher price. This happens both when I use and/or logic (member, and in-person, and student or retiree...) and also when I use all and logic (member, and in-person, and NOT “none of the above”).

I thought that removing the “or” would help but it hasn’t. Does it matter the order in which I structure the logic if I’m not using “or”? Any other advice? These are all required, single-choice questions, so there isn’t any way for someone to avoid answering or fit in multiple categories.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jshirk Could you share a screenshot of the logic jumps that aren’t working? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @jshirk Could you share a screenshot of the logic jumps that aren’t working? 

Thanks @Liz - here’s just one (it’s a very long list!). This is an example of one that is NOT working.

Here’s one that is working:

I know I have ordered these differently (swapping whether 6G or 6M comes first). Could this be the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jshirk Oh yes, definitely! The order matters when you set up your logic jumps because it will execute in that order. This means that if the answer matches the first jump, it will execute that one instead of a different one. 

Try giving them a switch and see if that makes a difference!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Liz I am completely stumped. No matter what I have tried, the cost for the NOT “none of the above” registrants continues to be double what it should be. 

I removed even removed item 6g for those registrants (because their membership status won’t change the price for them - they get a discount ticket no matter what). Same thing. 

It’s acting as if I have two logic items that add the discount price to their ticket. I have combed through the entire series multiple times. I only have one logic item in there that would contribute that amount, and nothing else that would add up to double that amount. It’s not fair of me to drag you further into the details of this logic, but as one additional question: is there anything that would cause a logic item to double itself?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jshirk - before @Liz says that i should maybe look at it lol.. If you wanted to share the full set of logic rules i’d be happy to take a look and try and troubleshoot (i’m only saying that @Liz will point it at me is cuz she does that a lot re logic lol) 

just a thought.. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

… is there anything that would cause a logic item to double itself?

So, I don’t know how to explain this, but I did manage to fix the problem by moving the NOT “none of the above” logic rules all to the bottom of the thread. With all of the “none of the above” logic items first, everything now seems to add up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, well glad it was a magically easy fix, @jshirk ! Let us know if you run into any other issues.