Skip to main content
Answered

Can this be done in Typeform please?

• 24 February 2022
  • 11 replies

We are trying to create a 16 question quiz with multiple choice answers that will result in a conditional set of 13 different answers or outcomes which can be displayed on screen and/or sent via email in PDF form.

This needs to preferably be embedded in a WordPress website and have an integration with ActiveCampaign to pass over the quiz takers details.  Is this possible?

We tried this in Jotform - https://form.jotform.com/212511326090039, but the output PDF does not reflect the answers given by the person taking the Quizz.

Any help or advice will be greatly received.

Be CyberSafe 🙏 

Francis West

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Francis West Happy Thursday! Have you had a chance to look at our Outcome Quizzes yet? This should do exactly what you’re looking for. :grinning:

You can then use a workaround like the one below to send a PDF via email: 

As for embedding, our article here can walk you through embedding your form, and you can read more about integrating with ActiveCampaign here

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you so much for the response Liz.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @Francis West ! Let us know how this goes for you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Liz,

Just so I understand, does the ‘workaround’ for sending the PDF mean we have to create an individual PDF for each possible outcome?  There are 16 questions with 12 different outcomes depending on how those questions are answered.  I am not even sure how to calculate the number of combinations, but it’s not a small number :)

This is why we wanted all the relevant outcomes to display on screen at the end of the quiz and then effectively send a PDF with the same answers.

Are we asking for the impossible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Francis West - it is much simpler that it sounds:

• connect the typeform to Google Sheet so that the data is pushed there upon submit
    • i would recommend creating a second tab in the Sheet to ‘change’ the names of the column heads from the question text to something more manageable - you can also do lookups to include text/images based on the data elements
  • create a Google Doc/Slide template into which you place static text and have the ability to display the data from the response
  • using Document Studio (add-on to Google Sheets) you create the ‘merged file’ that uses the template from the bullet above and merges in the row of data so that you have a customized document. it can be converted to a pdf 
    • you can then create the email you want to send back to the user with the attached pdf inside the Document Studio add-on

once you have done this and tested that the process works and provides the report that you want, you can have the system automatically check for new data arrivals and create the document and emails for you behind the scenes. 

there is some effort required to set it up and get it going but after that it runs in the background. I use it extensively for over 50 reports at this time. 

within the typeform itself, you can display this information on a Statement question or an ending but you will have to create the logic rules to create the ‘dynamic results’ on one page or the questions to match for each option 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @john.desborough, appreciate the detailed response.

That is not my definition of simple though :grinning:

It creates multiple dependencies and is not a self contained solution which means multiple potential failure points, which is not ideal.

Need to think about what we want to achieve a bit more.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Francis West - if you have the capability in your Active Campaign environment to accept all the data as custom fields, mapped from typeform into AC, AND you can then drive the data through to report generator inside/associated with AC to create the pdf and mail it, then you should be fine. 

None of what you are describing - wordpress - typeform - AC - is a ‘self contained’ solution but more of a series of apps in a business process ecosystem. as we transition into more of an ‘app-based’ IT infostructure, we are going away from big suites of technology with more functions that we need but easy to move data between modules, towards having to manage the bandaids between the bits of kit we need in our processes.. 

hope you can figure out the path forward that works best

Userlevel 1
Badge

@john.desborough - Certainly agree that it’s not self contained, and that we definitely need to deal with a series of apps now and in our future.  My main concern is the bandaids between major systems.  Having grown up through the age of mainframe to x86 and having to patch systems together with loads of bandaid code, we then  entered the age of big suites (which had their own large challenges), it’s now going backwards again and I am allergic to bandaids :) 

Anyway, it’s only my opinion and in this case, that doesn’t matter at all - it is what it is, so thank you once again for taking the time - it is appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I have earned my grey hair and white in the beard.. i had a PDP11 as a coffee table when we took it out of service.. i hear you on the bandaids … just imagine what it must be like for the ‘young’uns’ who don’t know about those mainframes/minis and suites.. lol.. It must be terrifying lol

cheers 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hahaha  too true - they have no idea what lies in wait!!!  Love the coffee table btw - perfect!!  More use than an anchor day to day!

I have this problem too.

Lots of dependencies. The outcome is always different.

I would like an overview of all possible paths, with all the questions and answers that led us to the existing outcomes. 

I don’t understand how we can test the forms without this, even… Everytime, we preview and go back “oh no, it’s not like this.” Make the change, save and preview again….