Answered

Can you create a conditional redirect for 2 outcomes?

• 10 March 2021
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to use a form to send users to two separate landing pages based on their answers — is that possible? Basically, if someone says “yes,” then I want them to get redirected to landing page A on my website, and if they say “no,” then I want them to get redirected to landing page B on my website. 

I see how I can create a redirect on completion, but the key is having two separate redirects on completion. 

Has anyone done this successfully? 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 10 March 2021, 17:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@chelsea.brasted - from a user here.. 

to do this you could have an ending page for each option after your yes/no question,  associated with each a different “button” link url … 

des

Thanks @john.desborough! That could work really nicely. Appreciate the reply. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Does anyone know if this is possible without the buttons?
I have a personality test on our website for pregnant women.
Ideally the redirect to the specific URL should happen for all 16 ending pages.

We figure that using a redirect could help us lead 10% of users additionally to the results page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@daniel - this from another user: 

if your plan allows for redirect upon completion, you could create a specific variable to append to the redirect that would take the user to the required landing page ie yoursite.com/ending1 or yoursite.com/ending2  where the ‘endingX’ would be inserted into the variable by logic rules 

see the image below

one thing to keep in mind: if you use the redirect on completion function, your user will go immediately to the page at the end of the redirect and NOT to an ending within typeform. 

des

Thanks! It’s working now