Answered

Changing a question type once a form has been published

• 26 April 2021
  • 1 reply

We’ve been running a form for several weeks and have a few thousand responses so far, but one of the question is a short text question type and has created a data nightmare by asking user to input the field on their own. We’d like to change it do a dropdown question type with a few hundred options to cover all possible options, but will that delete our existing responses?

The in platform warning isn’t very helpful as it just always says the action you take may delete responses (regardless of if it actually will or not) and I couldn’t find anything in the help centre about this.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 27 April 2021, 00:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marketing @ Riipen - welcome to the community from a fellow user

before you make any changes like that, i suggest that you ‘duplicate’ your form so that you have the original and then the new version - make your changes in the new version so that you are NOT going to impact the data in the old/original version. 

i would also suggest, if you have not done so already, connect your typeform to a google sheet or some other sort of spreadsheet/database that will allow you to harvest your original form data and establish the relationship between the revised version’s data. just to be certain that you can correlate your data between the input you have already collected and then the new data collection. 

just a suggestion on my part. 

des