Answered

Chat style, integrating their answer in to my next question

• 14 December 2021
  • 9 replies

**My typeform is a questionnaire for potential clients for my fitness program. It goes like this:

Me: Hi, my names is Angus, (blurb about me blah blah)

my first question: What is your first name?

My second question: Thanks ******, and your last name?

** What I’m wanting to know is how do I make it that my second question starts thanking *their first name**

e.g their answer to the first question is ‘Ben’

So what do I need to do so my second question says “Thanks Ben, and your last name?

Hope that makes sense, probably poorly explained but I’d hugely appreciate anyones help!!

Thanks

Angus

icon

Best answer by Liz 14 December 2021, 17:21

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Angus Andrew Oo! What’s the fitness program?! (I’m just curious.) 

You can do this using our recall feature. This will allow you to recall their previous answers into questions. 

Let us know if you have any trouble finding this feature! 

Thank you so much! Oh man how simple a fix that was! Deary me haha

This document is an application funnel if you like, asking prospects health and fitness questions essentially qualifying them to whether they want to do online coaching with me.

The online coaching is aimed at women, involves bespoke nutrition and training programs along with online check-ins with me and day to day targets such as steps etc :)

Thanks so much @Liz !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Angus Andrew Glad it was an easy fix! Would you mind sharing more about your form with us? We’d love to see what you have built! (Can be here or a DM)

Yes sure, it’s an application for asking prospects questions about their current state and what they need my help for. Overall it gently qualifies them and helps me asses whether they’re a good fit for my coaching.

Just come across a snag at the end:

I’m wanting to publish it in a chat style interface but it wont allow me to post a calendly link at the end. (produces this message). Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James ^^ :sunglasses:

We don’t have a way around removing the Calendly app to convert the form into a chat, @Angus Andrew , but you could add a link directly in a statement question so they can be sent to the URL with your calendar. 

With our Calendly app, it would be very small in the chat, which is my guess as to why we don’t support it in chat. 

No worries at all, makes sense! Sorted it using your solution.

One last thing, how do I change the background colour of the texts in the chat-style interface?

It’s currently black as you can see and I can’t find how to change it?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Angus Andrew We don’t have an option to change the background color of the chat, so we usually recommend changing the font or form colors to find a contrast that works best for the website you’re adding the form onto. 

Ok cool, thanks for the help! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @Angus Andrew ! Let us know if you think of any other questions. :grinning: And let us know how the form/chat works out for you!