Answered

Class feedback and attendance tracking

• 31 August 2022
  • 3 replies

If you use typeform to take attendace in a classroom of 125, is it possible to provide unique URL/qr code for each student? We have problems with students sharing a common link with peers that are not in the classroom. 

If that is not possible, any ideas on how to use typeform for class feedback and attendance tracking while avoiding “cheating the system”? I am sure there will be a lot of experts in this community that can give me good advice.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Liz 31 August 2022, 16:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MVTS Welcome to the community! We don’t exactly have an option to create a unique link for each student, but some ideas are: 

1. To use a service such as Bitly to create a different link for each student (using one typeform)
  2. To create a workspace for each classroom and duplicate the form as many times as needed in that workspace. Then, you can share each form to link to each student

These are just some ideas offhand, but @john.desborough or @Mikkel might have some ideas too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @MVTS! How are you doing today? Do you think any of the ideas suggested by my friend Liz can work for you? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @MVTS it is possible to create unique QR / Link of each of the attendance.

from my experiment many way to utilize it depend on your situation.

this is one. 

Step 1 : you will need their data first and use Gsheet to create unique code for example : the first 4 letter of the name / and the last 5 number of their phone number.

Step 2 : you will need the form link with hidden field let say X1 

Step 3 : use the unique code and replace the XXXX value in hidden field if you have 125 attendance then you will need to make 125 link 

Step 4 : those 125 link you could either make a short version of it or transform it into QR Code.

Step 5 : you could also make some kind of security code unique for that day and that specific time / unique to the attendance in one of the question. this is just to make sure the one who click the link / scan is the same with the link/ qr code owner. 

Step 6 : integrate the form with Gsheet in the step one. 

this way every time they scan / click its unique to them and since the unique code is their personal data you could modify / add question group in the form anytime you want …  i use it for leaders recommitment form ,i send them the link the leader just click and press “submit” button and all done. 

a lot of work behind the form but hope this sharing help you