Question

Country Code / Telephone Number

• 5 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey there,

it’s about a lead-campaign formular: did you ever experienced a problem that telephone numbers are not accepted and by that the questionary can’t continue?

Using the desktop Typeform offers country codes to choose from. That way users understand that it’s part of the provided information to define the countrycode.

But: using the mobile the countrycodes t choose from are not displayed. An by just giving my number it doesn’t except it without typing a countrycode to the actual number. 

Does someone have suggestions how to adjust?

Kind regards, David / Noodles

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NOODLES ,

That’s an interesting question. I haven’t encountered the phone number on desktop vs. mobile issue before. 

There are a couple of phenom females and a gentleman who are very helpful in this community and I’ve tagged them to offer assistance. 

@Liz @Mariana @john.desborough 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@NOODLES @vickioneill 

(thanks for the props @vickioneill ) 

here is what i see when i create a quick test form that i looked at on both mobile and desktop - one thing i noted is that i could not scroll down through the list of countries but by typing in ‘can’ i got to Canada.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@NOODLES @vickioneill 

(thanks for the props @vickioneill ) 

here is what i see when i create a quick test form that i looked at on both mobile and desktop - one thing i noted is that i could not scroll down through the list of countries but by typing in ‘can’ i got to Canada.. 

That makes is a lot easier (and removes the possibility of someone not knowing their country code). Thanks, des!!