Answered

Embedded form to Mailchimp

• 16 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi there

I have 2 questions:

1/ I’m on free plan now. I create a type form and want to integrate with Mailchimp. However, they ask me have to upgrade the plan in order to publish the template form.. 

Because I’m on free plan, do we have any template form I can use and publish it for free?? This form is just a test, I want to know how it look on Mailchimp

2/ I want to embed the type form to Mailchimp. Do we have step-by-step instruction?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 November 2021, 18:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lily Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. It might be easier to remove the paid features on the form to publish it so you can test it in Mailchimp so you don’t have to create an entirely new form. Most of our templates will have a combination of features regardless that you would need to remove the features from. 

While we don’t have step-by-step instructions for embedding in Mailchimp, they do have instructions here on embedding HTML into your email. I also made a video below to walk you through this, too. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lily! Have you had the chance to watch the video above? I'm sure it'll help you! Don't forget to let us know if you were able to publish and embed your form to Mailchimp! 

Not the OP, but I am having issues embedding into a mailchimp email.  

I don’t have the ability to paste HTML into an existing template, and I do not have a similar screen in mailchimp when building a new template.

If I go to create > email > template, I have an option for “code your own” and then “Paste in code.” When I do that, the preview pane shows an error:

An error occurred parsing your template CSS:

Cannot find a CSS file at: https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Ubuntu:300,400,500,700

Any ideas?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Not the OP, but I am having issues embedding into a mailchimp email.  

I don’t have the ability to paste HTML into an existing template, and I do not have a similar screen in mailchimp when building a new template.

If I go to create > email > template, I have an option for “code your own” and then “Paste in code.” When I do that, the preview pane shows an error:

An error occurred parsing your template CSS:

Cannot find a CSS file at: https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Ubuntu:300,400,500,700

Any ideas?

Is your Mailchimp account a paid account? Apparently the integration only works if Mailchimp is not on the free plan

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @Lily Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. It might be easier to remove the paid features on the form to publish it so you can test it in Mailchimp so you don’t have to create an entirely new form. Most of our templates will have a combination of features regardless that you would need to remove the features from. 

While we don’t have step-by-step instructions for embedding in Mailchimp, they do have instructions here on embedding HTML into your email. I also made a video below to walk you through this, too. :grinning:

Helpful video, thanks! I had hoped that we could embed a simple survey into just one block of Mailchimp (similar to the survey block in MailerLite) but your video showed me it has to be the entire email. 

It’s still an improvement on the very dull native Mailchimp survey template!