Answered

End the survey with a statement that I can only view but not the surveyee

• 8 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi there,

i am creating a form that extracts the information step by step and it creates a statement at the end. I want to be able to view the statement but not the people submitting the information. What should I add in my logic?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 9 March 2022, 15:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Eleni81 Welcome to the community! Anything that’s on the live version of the form would be viewable to your respondents, so it wouldn’t be possible to add a statement block that they can’t see. 

Though, would you mind sharing what you’re looking to do with the statement or a bit more about it? We can try to think up a workaround!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Eleni81 @Liz - would the “notifications’ email work for you?  that would allow you to see all the answers in an email that you can ‘customize’ (within reason, and the capabilities exposed by Typeform) to send to yourself.. 

des

Great idea but I have no clue on how to do it. I will do some research though and get some clarity. Thank you Des for your time and suggestions!!🙏🏼🙏🏼

Hi @Eleni81 Welcome to the community! Anything that’s on the live version of the form would be viewable to your respondents, so it wouldn’t be possible to add a statement block that they can’t see. 

Though, would you mind sharing what you’re looking to do with the statement or a bit more about it? We can try to think up a workaround!

Hey Liz,

The end statement is a document that pre fills all the selected responses from the form. I don’t want the users to see it because I am testing a prototype/idea and I don’t  want the users to see how easy it is to create this document. On the flip side, I don’t want to spend too much time recreating a document that can be automated. Of course I will have to, if I can’t find a more streamlined process. 
Ideally, I’d like to hide the statement but obviously as you said it’s not possible to be both connected to the form and hidden.

Thank you for your time and response. You saved me a lot of time!🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Eleni81 - try the following: 

go to the notifications area: 

turn on the Notify Me option

you can accept the default “all answers” option that shows up or  you can customize the email response to something.. this is what i created for this little sample

that gets sent to you every time someone completes the form. 

des

John! It worked!!!🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼Thank you for your time and for replying! Have a great day wherever you are 👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

glad to here it.. makes the igloo warmer to see a smile.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear that worked, @Eleni81 !! Thanks for the help, @john.desborough !