Skip to main content
Answered

Entering Floating Numbers in #Number Type Field

• 1 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Is there a option to add floating Numbers instead of only Integers in #Number Question and also use it for score calculations? I know I could use a text field but it should be still a number!

Thanks for helping me out!

Hi @Pan de Vida Ministry Happy Thursday! We don’t have this feature within our forms, but would you mind sharing more about what you’re looking to setup? I may be able to think of a workaround!

Hi @Pan de Vida Ministry Happy Thursday! We don’t have this feature within our forms, but would you mind sharing more about what you’re looking to setup? I may be able to think of a workaround!

Yes of course! We are collecting costs of material through typeform. They need to add the costs for one piece and the amount they want to buy. In most of the cases it´s not an integer.
e.g. one piece of bread costs 1,59$ and they want to buy 12x pieces

But it is not possible to add the price of one piece like that. Right now they need to say 2$.
So the total score would be 24$ instead of 19,08$.

Any suggestions appreciated!

@Pan de Vida Ministry @Liz

I am scratching my head here.. this little demo shows that you can set up number variables with decimal places 

works for me to calculate 

des

@Pan de Vida Ministry @Liz

I am scratching my head here.. this little demo shows that you can set up number variables with decimal places 

works for me to calculate 

des

Thanks I checked your demo, but me problem is, that it´s not possible to enter the Price with floating Numbers, so the step before the calculation needs to be done. if i try to enter a komma (,/.) I get the Message “Numbers only please”...

do they need to enter the price? yes, at the moment, the number field only takes whole numbers and not decimals - this has been passed to product development to see what they can do. 

however, if you already have a price list, why not allow the user to choose the item at the price of the item? and then input the quantity. .. if you have already set the price, then do something like in my example where you set the prices and use number variables with the decimals created..

if you are asking someone to, say, input how many loaves of bread they will sell you and at what price, you could do something like asking them to enter the value in the number of pennies, for example for the bread 

• this bread costs 430 pennies

and then use the calculation function to divide the answer (430) by 100 to 4.30 as a price. 

it’s a work around 

do they need to enter the price? yes, at the moment, the number field only takes whole numbers and not decimals - this has been passed to product development to see what they can do. 

however, if you already have a price list, why not allow the user to choose the item at the price of the item? and then input the quantity. .. if you have already set the price, then do something like in my example where you set the prices and use number variables with the decimals created..

if you are asking someone to, say, input how many loaves of bread they will sell you and at what price, you could do something like asking them to enter the value in the number of pennies, for example for the bread 

• this bread costs 430 pennies

and then use the calculation function to divide the answer (430) by 100 to 4.30 as a price. 

it’s a work around 

Thanks, for your thoughts and responses.

We can not offer a pricelist, because the people fill out an application where they want us to buy for them this items. (Because we don´t provide cash, only material).
They should fill out a Materiallist they request with Prices and Amount.
Therefore i need the floating Numbers for the prices…
Let´s try the workaround, but I am not sure if they will understand, how they need to enter the data...