Answered

Exit cross not visible

• 11 October 2021
  • 8 replies

I implemented my survey via Pop-Up at our shop page. I am wondering why the exit/cancel/clos cross isn’t visible anymore (« see screenshot red markings)? I remember in earlier versions this never was a problem. 

How can I change it, so people can find a way out?

icon

Best answer by Liz 14 October 2021, 16:46

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Rapunzel Would you mind sharing the URL where you have the form embedded? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Rapunzel - if you search the community for @mathio and his posts, there is one where he covers this for another user - there was an issue with the CSS of the site and ‘interference’ with the Typeform embed code. I can’t put my finger on the article the moment but that might help to solve the problem

des

@john.desborough  thx for your support! 

@Liz here you go… https://www.profizelt24.de/container-ueberdachung/49669.html 

If you watch the survey at the page could you also please tell me, why the form is allways opening, even so i clicked it away before? Wasn’t like that before either….

Seriously, currently the new Typeform template is so annoying - I guess we have to quit with that tool :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Rapunzel Thank you! Did you add the embed code in a module or within something else on the page? If so, the Typeform code needs to be added directly to the website and not added within another container. 

As for automatically popping up, do you know if this option was enabled before adding the code to your site? If so, you can un-enable it and re-copy to the code to stop if from automatically launching. 

@Liz

ad 1) It’s implemented via tag manager, shouldn be a issue of containers.

ad 2) no, no options were changed after embedding the original code.

All the time before we embedded survey in exactly the same way. We neverd had problems. But after renewing the typeform issues those problems occured. So i guess it’s an development issue. I mean, even the “hide launch button” has been forgotten to be added in pop up mode - looks like a poor engineering for me, sorry.

Issue A: “exit-cross” is not visible (see the code below)

Issue B: pop up window is not automatically closed when clicking outside the window in the grey area

Issue C: pop up window opens at every single page load - which is annoying for us and our customers

Issue D: In “Design” the window size is not adjustable anymore (before there was small, medium, etc. as far as i remember)

In the screenshots you see how it looks like as well as the sourcecode… 

I hope you can help me quickly

BR Rapunzel

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Rapunzel Got it, thank you! You shouldn’t be adding the Typeform code via tag manager. Can you try adding the code directly to your site for it to work best? 

Also, the screenshots are showing that you have the form popping up on page load. You need to turn this feature off it you do not want the form to show automatically. 

Allright, good to know. That’s a pitty - before the renewing of Typeform it never was a problem to implement it via tag manager. Whats the issue with that? As a marketing manager I am not into software engineering - we have a own team for that and it takes much more time if i cant implement it via google tag manager anymore. I guess I am not the only one thinking like that...

Issue A: » as you can see in the code the formatting for the exit cross is quite strange? >>Does it really have to do with google tag manager?

Issue B: what about that?

Issue C: page load is fine - but it shouldn’t reload if you clicked it away once, right? (cookie issue)

Issue D: what about the missing design options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Rapunzel Embedding with tag manager hasn’t been supported by us, so while it might have worked previously, this isn’t something we can troubleshoot. 

Can you please embed it directly to see if the same issues arise? I can then help troubleshoot anything that arises from this embed. :)