Answered

Fillable answers

• 19 April 2022
  • 3 replies

We have a page for customers to fill out for potential mortgages.  One of the questions we ask is the city that the potential property is in.  Can this field be set so that the customer can fill in the blank space?

icon

Best answer by Liz 20 April 2022, 22:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JTmarketing14 Happy Wednesday! I hope you’re having a great week so far. 😀

I’m not quite sure what you mean by blank space - do you happen to have a screenshot of it? 

In the meantime, you could use a dropdown or a short text field to ask the respondent what the city is. With the dropdown, you would have to input the possible choices for them to choose whereas with the short text, they can input their own answer. 

Hi Liz

Thank you for your reply.  We currently have a question on our document that asks for the City of Potential Purchase that has a dropdown that shows three states on it.  It is not useful and our lending area asked if we could allow customers to put a zip code in.  I don’t believe that a drop down menu would work for this.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JTmarketing14 Ah, then I would suggest changing it to a short text question. One thing to note - if you’ve already began collecting answers on this form, then you’ll want to follow the practices here to be sure you don’t lose any data before making changes to the form.