Answered

form numbering

• 26 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

hi

is it possible to assign an incremental number for each time form is open? (variable, recall, hidden, calculation...) and this value will be save as a new form variable (if form is submitted)

cases of use: each form has a order id (shopping order), or a ticket id (support ticket), or a quote id (quote request), or a lottery id (raffle ticket), or entrance id (event registration),... 

easiest example: the first time a form is open (no submission) form has a variable=1; the second time has a variable=2;… and so on

it would be great idea if we can recall an a default intern variable named “open_counter”

i hope i’ve explained myself properly

thanks

icon

Best answer by picsoung 2 April 2022, 01:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @akavenventures Welcome to the community! I’m afraid we don’t have this feature within our forms, but @picsoung do you know of any workarounds? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @akavenventures 

This is an interesting idea. Sadly, for now, we don’t have the idea of “memory” in the form.
If you play with variables and things like that, each session is different, nothing that stays forever that will be passed to other respondents.

But you might be able to achieve this, by using the Create API to modify the form.
After each submission, you could call the API to update the default value of a variable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@picsoung - that last point about using the Create API to update a default variable would be a great ‘hack together’ topic or maybe an office hours preso?? 

just a thought!

des

Userlevel 2

thanks @Liz & @picsoung 
it sound fine
i’ll have to introduce myself into the thrilling world of apis, currently i have no idea
best regards 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nothing more thrilling than APIs! 😂 Let us know how it goes, @akavenventures !