Answered

Give a different value to a variable based on score quiz outcome

• 14 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to give a different value to a variable based on score quiz outcome? and if so could someone explain how? :)

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 December 2021, 11:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LarsV Thanks for stopping by! Would you mind sharing more about what you’re looking to do? For example, should the value be generated after the respondent submits the form (if so, this isn’t possible)? Any other info you can provide would be handy!

Hey @Liz I have a form that once filled out returns a selected ending that shows a graph that matches the scored amount of points but we are trying to find a way to create an email with the same graph but I think to achieve this I will have to edit a variable based on the final score so that I can embed the right URL in the image tag in the email, so if the score is 10 I can have the variable be: www.google.com/images/1.jpg and if the score is 11 I can have the variable be: www.google.com/images/2.jpg, so I need to create a variable that changes based on the final score

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LarsV Ah, got it! You could setup a variable and set it to be text based. 

Then, on the very last question, you could set a logic jump that would check for the score, and replace that variable with the corresponding URL. Here is an example I tested below, not with the score, but a similar concept: 

I then added this to the self-notification email, and this is how it appears: 

Just be sure to add that logic jump on the very last question the respondent receives!