Answered

Going to Tie-Breaker even if it's not the highest score

• 12 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I made this quiz where there will be four endings depending on the highest score. I was able to set a tie breaker also and it is working, but the catch is, whenever there is a tie score for the 4 categories, even if those tie scores are not the highest, they still go to the tie breaker.

For example:

A - 22

B - 22

C - 24

D - 20 

I would like them to end with the ending designated for letter C since this is their highest score, but what happens is that they go directly to the tie-breaker question for letters A and B. I don’t know what to do anymore. Is there a logic formula sample that anyone can help me with? Thank you to anyone who will answer me. 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 14 April 2022, 20:01

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ronda Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. Could you send some screenshots of the logic jumps you have setup and what is/isn’t working? Thanks in advance! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @Liz . My apologies for the late reply, but attached here are the screenshot of the logic jumps I used.

And for reference:

a - fight

b - flight

c - freeze

d - fawn

The screenshots above are working except when there is a tie-breaker. When there is a tie breaker, the highest score logic is being ignored and they go straight to the tie breaker despite it not being the highest. The reference I used for this is:

And here is the logic I used for tie-breakers, which is also working, but the problem is that, as mentioned above, they are working even if the tie scores are not the highest scores. 

What I attached might be too overwhelming because I attached everything already, but I just don’t want to miss anything where I went wrong. 

Thank you in advance, and again, my apologies for the late feedback. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ronda - if you have a high score already, and you are only looking for one ending to which to send folks, then your logic needs to start with sending the user immediately to the high score-related ending:

• if A is highest jumpto ending A
  • if B is the highest jumpto ending B
  • if C is the highest jumpto ending C
  • if D is the highest jumpto ending D

the basic is this:

• the max score of  “...is greater than ...” is 3 in this case ie A can only be greater than 3 others. (same across the board) 
    • evaluate if A GT B then add 1 to v_a_biggest
    • then if A GT C then add 1 to v_a_biggest
    • then if A GT D then add 1 to v_a_biggest
    • if v_a_biggest = 3 then replace v_ending with A
  • If v_a_biggest is NOT 3, then evaluate B (v_b_biggest) 
    • same for C and D

all that logic has to go at the top of the form .. so that IF you have a unique high score, the user is immediately bounced to the appropriate ending. I added the v_ending variable to capture which ending the user ended up visiting. 

if there is NO clear highest score then you need to evaluate to determine which ones are tied:

• if v_a_biggest = 2 AND v_a_biggest = v_b_biggest replace v_a_status with ‘tied’
  • if v_a_biggest = 2 AND v_a_biggest = v_b_biggest replace v_b_status with ‘tied’
  • then a with c and a with d
  • at this point if you have an A and whatever tie, and you want to break it, you need to either go to a tie breaker question that will drive a clear choice - typically i have a series of them based on the combo ie A & B, A & C etc.. so that i can break the tie between the two (or possibly 3) 
  • if A is not ‘tied’ then go to B and evaluate B vs c_status and d_status.. for ties. etc

the order of your logic is what is going to be critical .. what is processed at the top of the list is the first “director” … 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ronda - i also noted an error on your first logic rule, you created a null value

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ronda Did @john.desborough ‘s solution work for you? 😀

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @Liz ! Apologies for the late reply, but yes @john.desborough ‘s solution worked best for me. Thank you so much to the both of you. 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy it did, @ronda! Why don't you send us the link to your quiz so we can test it and give you some feedback on it?