Answered

Google Docs importer: error #1 still appears

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi dear community,

I just tried to import a typeform from a google Doc (approx. 40 questions) and I am getting this error message:

As it says “/fields/28” Is it true that this error is about question 28?

I checked my question 28 but everything seems in order.

I also checked the other items and everything looks fine.

Can somebody please help me spot the error?

You can find the import google doc here .
(i will share it publicly and then restrict access after this issue has been solved)

Cheers! Thank you in advance for your help

Dani

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 29 April 2022, 18:57

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Angie - you might want to create ticket with Typeform support at this link… they may be able to help and it can’t hurt to have two vectors working on solving your problem. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Cheers, I did contact support on Friday.
@john.desborough would you be able to tell if the mistake lies in question 28?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Angie! Were you able to get in touch with our Support team? If yes, what did they say? Thank you and have a great day! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there, I received a reply at the same time :)

Support said:

That error is a legit error. It is telling you that the choice of the field number 28 should not have less than 1 item. If you fix that, then the form should import with no issues. I suggest using the help center article to see how the document should be:

I wasn’t able to pinpoint the issue, as field 28 looked fine, but I was able to fix it through some editing here and there. thank you all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great news, @Angie! By the way, why don't you share your form here with us so we can give some feedback on it? Would love to get to know your use case a bit better! 😃

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here you go!

Embedded below.

If it’s looking small, here is the actual link so you can view it full-screen

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you sooo much @Gabi Amaral for offering your help! :)
I look forward to your insights & the insights from the Community.

Have a great start to the week,

Daniele

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Angie

How are you? So nice to check your form! Loving to check you're using our product to survey your community members. Just checked it and it's really cool! In the question 1. f, may I ask why have you decided to go from 1 to 5? Is this form embedded in your website? 

Have a great week as well! 😉 

Userlevel 1
Badge

In the question 1. f, may I ask why have you decided to go from 1 to 5? 

Do you recommend using a scale from 1 to 10 instead?

Is this form embedded in your website? 

It’s not live yet, but we are posting it today. We use the same community platform as you do (fellow community manager here 😉)

I am thinking to embed it into a post like here, but it might be too small. 
Do you have any advice on how to embed it on inSided but still make it look bigger?
Otherwise I guess we’re just going to redirect to the external link.

Best,
Daniele B.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Angie

Do you recommend using a scale from 1 to 10 instead?

Not necessarily, I'd say this is something that depends on the question! I was just curious why. 

Hmm, I'm thinking here and we do have a "Feedback" tab in our Community where we ask our members if they found what they're looking for in the community. Would something like this work for you?