Answered

Help with 'discover your top 5 needs' quiz

• 27 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi Team- thanks in advance for your help.
I'm creating a quiz that helps clients identify their top 5 needs in their relationship.
There are 10 needs in total and a series of in depth questions about how important each need is for them, how they feel when it's met/unmet plus a multiple selection multiple choice question for selecting what they would like more of from their partner in relation to each need. The question formats include multiple choice, multiple choice w/ multiple selection, yes/no and opinion scales.

At the end I would like to provide their result in this format (ideally in order of greatest need first)-

Your top 5 needs in order are:
Honesty/openness
Family commitment
Financial support
Domestic support
Admiration

Any help on setting up the logic for this would be great- happy to pay for a resource from Des if one exists- as I've read through a bunch of his responses and he seems like the guy in the know :) - or feel free to link me to a thread where this type of question has already been answered. Thanks again, Megs

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 29 April 2024, 13:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough definitely has some great cheat sheets available!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @MegsD - actually this is NOT a cheatsheet that i have lol.. i have the top score from 5 but not top 5 from 10

Typeform’s logic rules make it extremely difficult to sequentially identify the high score then the highest of the remaining etc. 

You need to do this outside a typeform - even in google sheets it is difficult to do - you need to take the scores that arrive in a row in google sheets, do a transpose from the row into a column, sort the fields highest to low and then transpose the result back into another set of columns in the original row.. ( @Liz  i’ve not cracked that nut yet….)

if you wrap the APIs around that you can then pass the results back into a form. 

apologies

des

Thanks for your help @john.desborough I really appreciate it- I'll make do with giving them their single top result instead of their top five. It's complicated stuff- I admire your understanding of it all! You've saved me a lot of time anyways, warmly, Megs

On second thoughts- @john.desborough an alternative would be to simply rank their 10 needs in order from highest to lowest based on their answers- would you have a cheat sheet for that? thanks, Megs

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@MegsD - that is what typeform doesn’t do in the logic: the issue is comparing the scores of each of the categories - there is no “sort this set of variables into descending/ascending order and then give me the ability to select the X highest/lowest”  function.. how i wish there was.. that’s why you have to go out to something else to do that sorting 

if i was more adept at the world of the APIs and webhooks, I could probably come up with a backend solution to this … but that’s not within the realm of the 7 other voices in my head… 

doing the highest scoring category out of 5, now that i have a cheatsheet for lol.. 

cheers

des

Ahhhh I see! Thanks for clarifying this, no problems. Take care, Megs