Answered

Hidden field not showing up in the Share URL

• 25 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We are working with a large data provider to send our survey to their panel. They use psid (person session id) to give each person they send the survey to a unique id. We have to reference this in our URL and in our re-direct.

So, I have added the hidden field “psid” to the form. I have added it to also to the re-direct. (see below image).

However, I can’t figure how to get the hidden field in our URL. The help pages say it should just “show up” in the URL once published, but we don’t get any hidden field in the URL. This is what the URL now looks like (where xxxx is our domain). There is no hiddenfield.

Our survey URL - no hidden field?

https://xxxx.typeform.com/to/SJWVNMhk

We are at wits end. How do we give our URL to our data provider to send out the survey correctly?

Thank you,

Sophie

Our redirect link:

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 26 March 2023, 00:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sophie - have you added the hidden field to the target form? 

you would need to add this variable to the list so that you have a bucket into which the data can flow.. 

go here first: 

then 

then add in the name of the hidden variable

after i publish the form the url for the typeform contains the string : #psid=xxxxx

for a redirect at the end, when you add the hidden variable it looks like this: 

and in the redirect url at the end of the quiz if you want to do it, when you click the + or use the @recall feature you get the following (at least in my form) which has the hidden psid variable when you build the url.. 

does that help??

des

Badge +1

Thanks so much! Perfect!