Skip to main content
Answered

Hidden field query using classic buildr

• 2 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi 

Is there a limitation on the length or content of hidden fields using the classic builder?  

I got a developer to implement the passing of gclid from an google ad to a lander and onwards to another page with an embedded typeform.  We tested using a short number of alphanumeric characters (eg ab123456ad) and it worked.

However gclid is showing as null on all the typeform entries that clicked through from an actual ad.  The gclid is really long. Here’s a real example:

CjwKCAjwr56IBhAvEiwA1fuqGuQfrGgR0zrt_pRAjKd6Uz4yY6SKSZTqvX3ZtxBDtzCMYwXfI7g66xoCs9UQAvD_BwE

Any idea if that length of parameter is the problem?

Thanks.

Graham

Hi @Graham Cox Happy Monday! Would you mind sharing the URL where you have the form embedded? There shouldn’t be an issue passing that length into a hidden field, so it most likely is something with the embed setup. Thanks in advance!

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your reply.  I’ve resolved the issue, it was nothing to do with Typeform. I wasn’t applying an id to a button which meant the gclid wasn’t being passed through.

Sorry for the bother.  

Graham

Not a bother at all, @Graham Cox ! Glad you got it figured out. Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with. :grinning: