Question

Hidden field to hubspot email is not working

• 7 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello. I'm having trouble capturing email addresses from contacts who submit a Typeform survey embedded in a HubSpot email marketing campaign. I've configured a hidden field in Typeform to collect email addresses, but it's not working properly. I've also installed the Typeform integration for HubSpot. I don't not what is not working once I double check all information.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @edilenealm Thanks for stopping by the community! When embedding the form into Hubspot, you’ll want to be sure that the hidden field is configured correctly in the email code

Once you’ve added this code to your email, you’ll then want to replace the x’s where the hidden fields are with the merge tags from Hubspot. This article here lists each of the merge tag options they have. 

Do you know if you happen to have the merge tags setup? If so, would you mind sending a screenshot of how the code is embedded so I can take a look for you? Thanks in advance!

Hi @Liz , thank you for your replay. I am trying to figure out what is going one once I put the merge tag correctly (find bellow the print) and still isn't working.

This is how appear on my typeform:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @edilenealm ! Do you mind sharing a screenshot of how you’re adding those merge tags to the email embed? 

this is how I put on the typeform.

print on hubspot

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, @edilenealm ! It looks like you’ve added the merge tags in the correct spot, but the last screenshot is showing the merge tag in the incorrect area. 

When searching for the merge tags in the code, do you see them located after the hidden field like my example below?

If so, it might be worth reaching out to Hubspot’s support team to see if there’s anything missing in the email builder that would be preventing the data from sending into the hidden fields.