Answered

Hidden Field to Price Calc

• 18 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey,

Is there a way to pass a number using hidden fields that can be included in the calculation? I may be missing something obvious but when I do the branching and calcs it doesn't let me use the hidden field value?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Liz 19 October 2021, 22:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @bucksgill Happy Tuesday! I think you could set this up with logic jumps like this: 

Would that help with the calculation you’re trying to do? 

Hi, @Liz . I had a similar question, so I hopped onto a Typeform of mine and tried this out. When I select IF and enter the hidden field, my options are “is equal to,” “is not equal to,” “begins with,” “ends with,” “contains,” or “does not contain.” There is no option for “is greater than.” And even if I select one of the available options just for the sake of trying to complete the rest of your suggested solution, I cannot use any of the existing hidden fields after “add.” I only have my variables and a pre-entered number available. What am I doing wrong? I’m on the Pro plan. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Chel Ah yes, I see that the ‘greater than’ option is gone. Are you able to do ‘is equal to’ at all? 

As for the second question, I’m not sure I understand which pre-existing fields you aren’t able to use. Do you mind sending over a screenshot? Thanks!

Hi @Chel Ah yes, I see that the ‘greater than’ option is gone. Are you able to do ‘is equal to’ at all? 

As for the second question, I’m not sure I understand which pre-existing fields you aren’t able to use. Do you mind sending over a screenshot? Thanks!

I tried to do with ‘is equal to’ too and I didn’t succeed. I still couldn’t find a solution to pass number through hidden fields.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@joaortbarbosa - welcome to the community. 

this is one of those things that i have also raised to the product team at Typeform - the variables come across as “string” variables and, unfortunately, they can’t be parsed into a numeric field, variable or logic rule at this time. 

One work around that i have used, including the apology to the user for asking for confirmation, is to use a Number question and the @recall function to do something like this: 

Just to confirm that you really do want to order ( @recall hidden variable ) units, can you please type in the number again in the field below. 

I know that isn’t what we really want to do but I have been able to get users and clients to accept that method. 

hopefully it will arrive soon… 

des

@joaortbarbosa - welcome to the community. 

this is one of those things that i have also raised to the product team at Typeform - the variables come across as “string” variables and, unfortunately, they can’t be parsed into a numeric field, variable or logic rule at this time. 

One work around that i have used, including the apology to the user for asking for confirmation, is to use a Number question and the @recall function to do something like this: 

Just to confirm that you really do want to order ( @recall hidden variable ) units, can you please type in the number again in the field below. 

I know that isn’t what we really want to do but I have been able to get users and clients to accept that method. 

hopefully it will arrive soon… 

des

Thank you, John!

That was helpful, it saves me some time trying to figure out what should replace.

Very clever idea. I don’t know if it would be applicable to my case, but that is definetely a great alternative. 

Kind regards!