Question

How can I assign a value to a picture question for analysis?

• 13 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone, 

I created a survey to ask our customers about different statement. They can rate the statement from I totally disagree to I fully agree clicking on different smileys that I inserted through the Picture choice. When I know take the report of my data, the response in the Excel is however “I totally disagree” but should be just the number “1” to facilitate data analysis. Where can I substitute the phrase “I totally disagree” to “1” in the background so my customers can click on the I totally disagree smiley and when I export the data, I can calculate with the 1 and don’t have to substitute them myself.

Second question: In the results the given order of the picture choice questions are not in the correct order (→ it says: I totally disagree, neutral, disagree,...). Why is it not in the correct way as they have the choices in the question How can I change that?

Thank you for your help. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michele.wicki Happy Tuesday! Are you looking to assign values to those pictures? If so, you can use logic jumps and calculations to do this. 

For example, I set the value of the picture option in this question below to a one: 

For the second question, do you mind sending a screenshot of what you’re referencing? Thanks in advance!

Dear @Liz 

Thanks for your response. I tried it out with the score but I don’t want to calculate a final score in the end. I just wanted to add a value to the I totally disagree so when I export the results not I totally disagree is mentioned as the answer to the value 1. 

For the second question: 

In the quiz we have the following picture option from totally disagree to fully agree and I don’t know in the following order: 

In the report version however they are not in the correct order, which makes it so harder to analyze. Why is the order this way (every second picture)?

Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michele.wicki Got it - thanks! The report is going to show the results of that question in the order of the most amount of responses to the least amount. Because of this, there isn’t a way to change the order that you’re seeing. 

I am having the same problem as @Michele.wicki describes in her first question. I dont want to calculate a score in the end of my survey. I just want to change the recording value of some options in a specific question in order to facilitate the statistical analysis using a excel/csv file.

For example, when I use the “Yes/No” question type, the user/client will see Yes/No options. But, if I export this to a excel file, I will see this recoded as 0 (if No) and 1 (if Yes), right? So, is there a way to recode other scales?