Answered

How do I capture the page title and URL?

• 25 February 2022
  • 8 replies

I have a real estate website that focuses on the condo market. Every condo building has a unique page on the site built from the same template. Right now, there are 2,000+ buildings. 

I would like to create a typeform that will allow me to capture the page title and url into hidden fields. How do I do that? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 28 February 2022, 16:39

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RickBosl Welcome to the community! The first thing to do would be to add hidden fields to your form so you can capture this information. 

Next, there are two ways you can go about it, depending on your level of coding knowledge. If you don’t have any coding knowledge, you’ll need to embed the form onto each page and edit the hidden fields for each page in order to pass in the data. 

If you do have coding knowledge, you should be able to write a Javascript code that would automatically capture this information and pass it into the form for you. 

In general, you can read more about using hidden fields with embedded forms here. 

Hello, 

mia possibile to pass the url when a form is completed? I have the same form in different urls and I want to know where it has been completed. 
They share the same basic url but are placed into different Pages of the website and I need to know where it has been completed (each page has a different product associated). Is it possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Pietro Castellani Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. I added your post here where we have an existing answer for this. 😀

I’ve been able to do that manually but not dynamically with javascript…my website runs on framer, is it possible to do it automatically parsing the page url? If so, i’ve already read many answers on that but being the first time i’m looking for something more detailed

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Pietro Castellani I’m afraid you would need to write a code in order to obtain this information. @mathio might have some example code for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Pietro Castellani 

unfortunately I am not familiar with Framer. But it looks like they allow you to insert embed script. Then you will need to write your custom JS code. You can find an example in this thread: 

Hello everyone,

I have a client for whom we've implemented interest forms for each product. The client has requested that, along with the user-filled information, the email sent to them should also include the URL of the product where the form was filled.

While we could add an extra field for the user to input this URL, our preference is for it to be pulled automatically.

Is there a solution to achieve this?

The website in question is gkmobili.gr.

Thanks for your time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hellenic Technologies Happy Tuesday! I added your post here where we have an existing discussion about this. 😁