Answered

How do I create a promo code within Typeform which allows users to skip payment (or reduce price)

• 11 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have a form integrated with Stripe charging users £x to signup to an event. I would like to offer some users an 100% promo code and others a 50% promo code. How do I do that? I don’t have the codes generated elsewhere.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by picsoung 14 December 2021, 02:28

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mica Happy Monday! I hope you’re having a good one. 

The first thing you would want to do is add a question in the form, such as a short text variable, that would check if the respondent has a promo code, like this: 

Next, you can set logic jumps based on the promo codes to subtract an amount from the price variable in the form like this: 

Though, if you’re not charging anything, you can then set the logic here to skip over the payment question and/or also set a logic jump to remove anything that’s been added to the price variable for them. 

Hopefully this helps! Let us know if you have any trouble setting this up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Whenever I see somewhere asking for a promo code, and I don’t have one, I get frustrated, and I spend hours looking for one online. Thinking I can get a better deal 🤣

I would recommend using a hidden field instead to avoid this frustration, so the promo code is in the link you share.
The logic shown by @Liz would work similarly.

ex: https://form.typeform.com/to/abc123?promo=GRATIS

or https://form.typeform.com/to/abc123?promo=50OFF

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you so much! This is so helpful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@picsoung SAME hahah! :joy:

Let us know how this goes for you, @Mica !

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Liz for some reason the @price variable is not visible for me when I try to set the logic rules … I can only see the @score variable. Any tips? 

Many many thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

All resolved!!! It seems that I needed to log back in :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah! Glad it was that easy, @Mica ! Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@picsoung @liz

Please can you kindly explain to me how do I create a hidden field and include the promo in the link shared? Many thanks!

Mica

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I think I have figured it out but this is only available on very expensive plans :(

Is there any other way around it to include it in the link? Many thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mica This article here can walk you through creating a hidden field, though you shouldn’t need an expensive plan to do so. 

Were you able to set these up? If so and you’re running into issues, let us know!