Answered

How do I pass data into the hidden fields for my form?

• 4 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for the information on Hidden fields, however if I am not embedding the form and instead just provide a simple hyperlink that takes the users to the survey(form) how can I pass name into the hidden fields for the  user who hits hyperlink?
Please help - Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Liz 4 February 2021, 18:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DataPalla Thanks for joining the community! I moved your comment to a thread here in case anyone else has the same question. :) 

It will depend slightly on where your data is stored. For example, if you’re hyperlinking the Typeform URL in an email from Mailchimp, you would use their merge tags to pass the data into the URL through the email automatically. 

If you’re sending the URL to only a few people, you can simply type in the data to the URL before sending. An example of this would be like: 

www.hellothere.typeform.com/to/sdsd?email=entertheemailhere@hello.com

If you wouldn’t mind sharing where you have the data stored or how you’d like to link the form, that’ll help me answer this better for you! :) 

Never mind

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SeenDating Do you also need help with your hidden fields?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Liz  This is very helpful and I was able to achieve results with the information given, Thank You so much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@DataPalla glad this helped! :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, I am having this issue where the typeform hidden field does not appear in MailChimp email.

My mailing list is in Mailchimp,

the text “ Serene” I am using *|FNAME|* which works but i can’t get it to appear on Typeform @name( Hidden field. What am I missing. Please advise.

Thank you