Answered

How do I randomize choices while fixing position of certain options?

• 24 February 2022
  • 10 replies

How do I randomize choices while fixing position of certain options?

I have created a question in which I want to fix one option position and randomize all other options. Not able to do that. Please suggest how to do that

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 February 2022, 18:14

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @8xyz If you’re using a multiple choice question, you can select the option to randomize the answers, but there isn’t an option to fix just one of those answers in a specific spot: 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Is it possible to fix the position of a response in a randomised question? The obvious example is “None of these”, which only makes sense if it’s last in the list, but I would like to randomise the other options. One may also wish to keep the client’s brand at the top, and randomise the others.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ChrisAtCentral I added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Can we add this to the development list please? It seems a fairly obvious option to have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ChrisAtCentral I’m happy to share this feedback with our product team. The features they create are based on their current workload, the requests for the feature, and the time it will take to build, so I can’t guarantee this is something they will add to their roadmap. If that changes, I’ll post so here. 😀

Hi @Liz , I am new to Typeform and I am creating my very first survey.

I am wondering if this option is available by now? Anyone involved in survey research would like to have the possibility to fix at the end of a list of items, options like “Other”, “None of these” and/or “Prefer not to say” while being able to randomize all the other items. It’s a basic feature in any MR questionnaire design tool. Indeed, if a respondent gets “none of these” in the middle of the list when prompted, it can confuse him/her.

If this is still not possible, is there a workaround please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Vox I’m afraid we don’t have this feature or a workaround available (unless you were to create multiple variations of the same question), but our product team is aware of this suggestion. 

Thank you. I created several versions of the same question and added a hidden value to mimic randomization. This is a real problem (as the workaround is not ideal AT ALL) that needs to be solved as soon as possible if you want to retain new users. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, that’s an interesting workaround, @Vox . Thanks for sharing!

Completely agree this is really standard and a NEED for surveys. Please update this.