Question

How many logic jumps will I need?

• 22 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi Community,

I want to implement the advanced personality quiz exactly as found in example 3 here - https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029583071-Create-a-personality-quiz-Classic-builder-

Except my client’s quiz has 9 questions as opposed to 4 as in the example.

In the 4 question example I count 28 possible outcomes and therefore logic jumps.

For every question added to the quiz I would be adding exponentially more logic jumps.

By the time I got up to 9 questions and all of the potential outcomes I would need to implement thousands of logic jumps.

Am I correct in this conclusion?

Thank you all in advance should you read or answer my post.

Sincerely,

Erik

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ergo123 - welcome to the community from a fellow user

so a couple of questions Erik, to try and figure out how best to respond: 

• are each of your 9 questions unique/mutually exclusive and route to specific endings on their own? or are there scoring combinations that will used to drive users to a specific outcome page? 
  • are any of these 9 questions intended to be multiple choice with ‘unlimited” (ie one or all of the options) possible, to be used to evaluate the importance of the individual question in the grand scheme of logic
  • have you sketched out the logic flow from the questions on paper or in a tool like a mind-mapping solution? 
  • is there an algorithm that the client already has developed on how they will take the responses to these questions and route them to the endings?

if you can share any of these details, it will help to focus our thinking on how best to resolve the situation for you. 

thanks

des