Answered

How to add an "I Agree" checkbox

• 15 November 2021
  • 5 replies

I’ve seen a few other people ask this, and it seems the result is always the legal question type, but I’m looking for a checkbox to appear in addition to an email form in the same question. Does this exist? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Paulo 16 November 2021, 00:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @skiffy Thanks for stopping by the community! We don’t have a checkbox option in our forms, so the legal question would be your best best for asking the respondent to agree. Since our forms show one question at a time, the legal question would appear on its own line. 

I hope this helps a bit, but let us know if you think of any other questions.

Hi @skiffy! This is from another user.

As @Liz said above, the legal question is your best shot if you’re looking for something like an approval check box for your audience. Unfortunately, in the country I live, a check box is no longer sufficient as an approval to send information by email, so we had to take a different approach. We used a multiple question to let the audience choose which info they are willing to receive from us. Despite all the protests inside the company, saying that adding one more questions to the form would be a burden to the audience, people reacted graciosly to it. They felt that we really care about they privacy and time, and in the end, it worked better then the check box we have intended in the first place.

Just my two cents. I hope it helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paulo - love this approach and yes, from a privacy and data governance perspective, this is a solid approach that i am seeing used more often as well. 

sometimes in addition to the GSPR requirements and a legal form as well!

des

@john.desborough I miss the old days when a check box would be enough, but we need to keep the pace with the world’s changes, right?
The audience love the chance to choose qhat they’re getting from us. The problem is that now I need to hide some email from the marketing team to make sure they won’t send any unsolicited emails. lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh! Thank you for this, @Paulo !!