Answered

How to create committee signup form, where new responders can see who's already signed up?

• 28 October 2021
  • 6 replies

I need to create a committee signup form that:

1. enables users to see who’s already signed up for each committee. So in other words, this form needs to show current results to the user.
  2. prevents users from deleting others’ data
  3. caps committees at six members

How would I do this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 29 October 2021, 00:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @karenzachary Welcome to the community! The only way to show data from the form that’s already submitted would be by sharing a report link within the form, but I’m not sure if this would work best for you. 

Instead, you could link your form to a Google Sheet that’s view-only to allow those submitting the form to see previous answers. 

Finally, as for capping responses, you can do that using our close feature here. :) 

I hope this helps!

Hi @karenzachary Welcome to the community! The only way to show data from the form that’s already submitted would be by sharing a report link within the form, but I’m not sure if this would work best for you. 

Instead, you could link your form to a Google Sheet that’s view-only to allow those submitting the form to see previous answers. 

Finally, as for capping responses, you can do that using our close feature here. :) 

I hope this helps!

Thank you! Is there a way to embed the Google Sheet, so it’s within the form? Or would a user have to have two tabs open? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @karenzachary It isn’t possible to embed anything within the forms, so you would have to hyperlink it. :pensive:

Thank you, @Liz. At least I wasn’t missing an obvious solution. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @karenzachary ! Let me know if I can help with anything else. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @karenzachary 

If you feel adventurous there might be a solution to have everything in the form. It would rely on our APIs.

APIs help you manipulate forms.

Here is how this could work:

1. Webhook triggered when a new response comes in
  2. Webhook handler extract data from this reponse like name of the person and the committee they are part of.
  3. Update the form with the description of who is part of the committee 

This should be doable either by coding everything yourself, or via Zapier/Integromat.