Skip to main content

Hi!

I am creating a policy assessment tool based on 10 criteria which users can score on a 1-5 rating scale. However, we need to provide them with an “I don’t know option” as well, so I have created a scoring quiz with multiple choice type of questions (instead of opinion scale) to accommodate this.

After running the assessment, the user should be able to see in the ending screen:

a). the overall score of the tool; 

b). a review of all the answers/scores per each criterion (e.g. usability 3/5, inclusivity 4/5 etc); 

and - here comes the difficulty - 

c). in case there is a “I don’t know” answer – indicate next to these criteria a phrase similar to “no score provided”.

I’ve been experimenting with variables, but with no results so far.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks to all for your time, hope you can help me!

@john.desborough is definitely your guy when it comes to variables!

Hey @john.desborough do you have any tips on how @MarionK could set this up? 

@Grace @Liz @MarionK - sorry i missed this one.. 

i would recommend that you assign a score of 0 to the ‘i don’t know’ answer and then implement a logic rule that says: if qN=0 replace v_unsure with “Score not Provided”  and then display the @v_unsure variable on the page. 

the bigger question that i would have, is that do you want to have the 0-scores included in the total or average scores if you are calculating them.. that would require a little jiggerypokery in the logic rules lol

des