Answered

How to link a document sheet directly into Typeform platform / not to an outside hyperling

• 12 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Hi there,
I would like to avoid a participant to be redirect to an outside link (google doc) to read a GDPR sheet.
Is there a solution to link him to “an internal document”  that I you would previously upload in my TypeForm workspace for a seamless experience?

Thank you so much for your tips :wink:

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 13 May 2021, 13:10

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sso Paris - welcome to the community from another user

There is not way to do that unfortunately. However, you could insert a Legal Question with the text of the GDPR page in the description area - they would have the option to accept and continue or not accept and you route them where you want to ie an ending page to say thank you 

Hi @john.desborough ,

Thank you very much for your kind answer.

My problem is that, in my flow I need to collect the email of respondents that take the survey, so that I can’t double propose a consent / legal question + a Mail collection question…

Also, i have security concern. If I link a PDF doc to our google accounts in public mode, my IT team will not allowed this.

A precision, I need to link this document to avoid my participants to start their survey with a long inside text form not very sexy etc, ...

How to fix this issue, any idea ? :nerd:

Bests,

Sabri

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sso Paris - actually that is how many people have done this double question - to ask both. Unfortunately it is the only way to ensure that they are covered. 

one potential way to do this is to have a short yes/no question up front that says that you do address GDPR and have a question/page in your survey that people can read and acknowledge now or later. (Do you want to look at th GDPR details now - press Yes- or No to go to the survey)

• redirect the short question above to the gdpr page if yes, to the next question if no
  • create the page somewhere in your structure (next to the end) and make it an acknowledgement that has to happen at some point (to satisfy the requirements of the regulation) 
    • if user comes to the page from the very beginning ie if answer q1 = yes, then send the user back to q2 if they say yes on the Legal Page for the gdpr
  • if they say no in the first question, and want to do the survey first, before they leave the survey on the final submit page, ensure that you check for the the ‘accept’ on the gdpr page and if it does not exist then show the page and ask users to accept 

just thoughts but you need to determine how you are going to meet the regulatory requirements and factor that into your flow. 

des

Hi @john.desborough ,

You last advices are very intelligent and the time you took to answer me has been super helpful. I will explore the possibilities of them.

So I thank you sincerely and wish you a good week-end.

Hope to read you again!

Sabri

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sso Paris -humbled.. enjoy the weekend

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Sso Paris 
If you want to add a consent screen regarding cookies or GDPR to your form you can.
We integrate easily with Axeptio, the leader in consent management in Europe.

here is the detailed walk through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Sso Paris 
If you want to add a consent screen regarding cookies or GDPR to your form you can.
We integrate easily with Axeptio, the leader in consent management in Europe.

here is the detailed walk through.

Thanks @picsoung - that is good to know for future reference

cheers

des

Hi all, 

I was wondering if it is possible to upload a document to Typeform in a way which would enable my clients to download the document rather than sending them to the document via link or google doc?

Thanks in Advance, 

PP

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PP-Straegy22 I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you think of any other questions! 😀