Answered

How to - Review Input and Pull data Google Sheets?

• 13 January 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a logic flow in place, that is connected to a Google Sheet. The Google Sheet is collecting the data, but I want to add 2 things. See below.

These first 5 steps are done and working well:

1. Welcome
  2. Legal Disclaimer
  3. Input 1 *optional
  4. Input 2 *Mandatory
  5. Input 3 * Manditory

Now for the hard parts:

1. Review Inputs from above - multiple choice - Go Back / Submit  *Mandatory
  2. Feedback page - Here is your transaction ID - pulled from Google Sheets

Ending:
Thank you - this is good too.

Questions:

1. Can I grab the input in steps #3-#5 and only submit in Step #6 after the user reviews? If so, how? If not, can I pull from the Google Spreadsheet to display, and if the user chooses Go Back, over write the existing data?

2. How do I pull information from the Google Spreadsheet so I can show a transaction id?
icon

Best answer by Liz 14 January 2022, 18:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @calshamus Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. 

Once a response is submitted, it isn’t possible for the respondent to edit it. We have a workaround for this here, but at the end of the form (such as in a statement block), you could use our recall variables feature to show the respondent their answers and then allow them to move backwards to change them. 

As for pulling data from an outside source, I’m afraid this isn’t possible, as the form can’t connect to an outside database. I would suggest putting as much information into the form itself as you can. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @calshamus! Were you able to give a try to the workaround Liz suggested? Let us know if you did and if it helped you! Hoping it did! :heart_eyes: