Answered

How to set up a Self-Assessment Quiz with 6 Endings

• 25 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

First time posting here in the community and looking for some support as I feel I’m close to creating the self-assessment I’d like, but am running into some troubles setting up the scoring for 6 different endings (personality types).

I’ll do my best to explain the set up to date and would love some advice as to how best finish the scoring and logic to share the most relevant ending.

First, there are 30 questions in the self-assessment with one question at the end asking if they would like their results emailed to them (still trying to figure that out too as I would like to email them the content that’s on their specific ending/personality page). Each questions have three options: Yes = 2 points; Yes, to some extent = 1 point; No = 0 points. The first 5 questions relate to one ending/personality type, the next 5 for another, etc…

Where I’m getting stuck is that the examples I’ve seen are for questions for 4 options (A/B/C/D with A=1 point; B = 10 points; C = 100 points; D = 1,000 points). Would this same point logic work for 3 options for each questions (A/B/C)? I get confused on how can Typeform track how the first 5 questions score, then the next 5 questions, etc.. and then see which grouping they scored highest on - giving them the right ending page based on their score. Also, there is the question of is there is a tie in scores between 2 or three personality types, how could this be presented as an alternative ending as well?

I’m getting the sense that this may be too complicated for either me or Typeform. Would love any sage wisdom to help me on this journey!

Thanks,

Skott

icon

Best answer by Liz 26 January 2022, 17:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Skott Have you had a chance to look at our outcome quiz? This might help you with setting this up. 

Otherwise, I would first suggest starting with variables, and creating a variable for each section of your form. Then, you can assign points to that specific variable. 

Finally, if you would like the results emailed to them, you can use respondent notifications. Or, if you’d like something a bit more personal/well-designed, I would take a peek at our Workspace Invaders series that covered an example of this below!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Skott - as an extension to what @Liz suggested with the variables.

• create a variable to act as the subtotal variable for each category/personality type ie v_person_1, v_person_2…. 
  • for each question you need to add logic rules like this:
    • if q1 = A then add 2 to v_person_1
    • if q1 =B then add 1 to v_person_1
  • do that for all the questions and capture the subtotals for the 6 different personality types
  • then you need to determine which one is the highest subtotals and then based on that evaluation, send them to the appropriate ending page. 
  • if you have a tie in your evaluation you can either send them to a tie-breaker question or use the opportunity to send them to an alternative ending say hey you have a tie and we can’t tell exactly which you are..book a call with us (or whatever outcome you want) to help determine. 

this link is to a sample of a “5-category which is highest” type template i created to walk folks through how you might want to do this.. just to give an example… concepts are similar.. 

hope this helps a bit

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Skott Were you able to build the quiz? Let us know how it went!