Answered

How to use conditional logic

• 30 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello! Hoping someone can help me with what seems like an excruciating task (I have been trying all day…).

I have a quiz made up of 6 questions, each with 6 multiple choice options leading to 6 different thank you screens based on the responses.

I have added a personality quiz template to my account, and have been exploring the advanced logic which sits behind it. This quiz is made up of 4 questions, 4 multiple choice options and 4 different thank you screen endings. 

That bit is fine - even helpful. The tricky part is that underneath the advanced logic, there’s calculations made up of numbers which help typeform ascertain if answer “A” has been chosen 2 times and none of the other answers have been chosen twice (this way you’re ruling out situations in which the user has picked “A” twice and “D” twice, where neither “A” nor “D” constitutes the majority of the answers).

And I am majorly struggling with the right numbers to add in for the additional 5 and 6 questions I need to add for my quiz, and I am desperately hoping someone with a genius mathematical brain can help me work this out.

Thank you so much! 

p.s. I have attached an image of what I mean. 

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 January 2021, 19:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lucifer - this comes from another user, not Team Typeform lol.. 

but maybe you create a set of variables like ‘a_score’, ‘b_score’ .. a_count, b_count etc to record the count of times A,B, x has been selected and switch the logic to account for the counts and the scores, rather than just the main score variable. 

that might make it easier .. but not sure on the specific details of your logic… 

good luck and it should be easy for some one really in the Typeform team to resolve

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lucifer . Thanks for stopping by!

Have you seen this setup yet for the personality quiz? This should actually help you create the form a lot faster than having to do so much math! You can tie different answers to different outcome pages. The template you’re using may be for our classic builder. 

Unless you need to calculate something in the quiz, this should do the trick!

Let me know if that doesn’t help!

Thanks @john.desborough appreciate your response. Yes, it looks like something like this might work! I’m just not sure how to do the logic. I’ve contacted the typeform support, and they said the only template which exists is the one I’ve already tried, the personality quiz as @Liz also suggested. I have replied asking for more help, so hopefully they can help me to set up the logic I need. Thanks both for your replies. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@lucifer With the personality quiz template link I sent, you should be able to map the answers directly to the outcome without needing to use any math, though if you run into issues matching answers to outcomes, please let me know! Happy to take a look if you don’t mind posting a screenshot here. :)