Answered

I want to save the time it takes each user to answer the form?

• 30 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Someone help me please?

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 September 2021, 18:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cbadano Thanks for stopping by the community! This isn’t currently a data point we capture, but I can share this feedback with our product team. 

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please let us know! :grinning:

It would be good to be able to capture the time it takes to answer the entire form, for a contest to be able to give a prize to whoever does it in less time.

Hopefully that could be a feature shortly

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Cbadano - welcome to the community

there is a bit of a work around if you would like to try this method: 

• create one form that asks the user to identify themselves (ie a name questions), a page to tell them about the quiz and a “ready to start?” question  - connect this to a google sheet.
    • the quiz is set to have a redirect upon completion - when someone says they are ready to start. 
    • the identification data is sent the second typeform in the series using hidden field(s)
    • upon the submit/redirect, the data is pushed to the google sheet - this includes a time stamp for the submission
  • in the second form, you collect the hidden fields as variable for the data submission 
    • you will use this data later in google sheet to link the data from the two surveys
    • connect this second form to the SAME google sheet as form 1 - it will show up on a separate tab in the sheet. 
    • on submission of the form, you will have the time stamp of the submission
  • in google sheets you can create a third tab in the sheet to merge the fields necessary - based on the id field ie name/email/unique identifier you have established as part of your quiz
    • once you have the ‘related’ data in the third tab you can use the two time stamps to calculate the duration of the quiz. (ie submission2 time - submission 1 time = duration)

not perfect but a possible workaround in the meantime

des