Answered

Is it now possible to randomize questions and or statements?

• 25 October 2021
  • 15 replies

I created a survey with challenging questions to reflect about the OKR (Objective & KeyResults) & the tactics (channels/activities) we run in the team.
I have around 20 statements or questions and want to ask only 3-4 per session.

Is it possible to randomize the questions / statements?
I know there is an option with grouped questions, but at the end it’s not really randomized.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Liz 25 October 2021, 17:10

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Yves Keller Happy Monday! Glad to have you here in the community. I’m afraid this isn’t possible yet, and it sounds like you’ve seen our workaround below: 

Of course, if we think of any other workarounds or ideas, we’ll post them here!

Hi All,

I have a customer feedback form that I’m looking to add a few questions to. But, I want to keep the form as short as possible so we don’t see a drop-off in responses. There are two pairs of questions (four questions total) that I would like to randomly offer to respondents. So the first user would see questions A & B in their flow, and the second user would see C & D in their flow. This way I can add some more questions, not lengthen the form, with the understanding that I’ll get about half as many responses to each of these specific questions.

I’ve seen that I could pass in a hidden value and custom logic that would set the user to condition 1 (A&B) or condition 2 (C&D) but I’d really like it to be something I don’t have to set on the link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @theted Thanks for stopping by the community! I added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you think of any other questions! :grin:

Hi @theted Thanks for stopping by the community! I added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you think of any other questions! :grin:

Thanks @Liz 

This was the solution I saw where I can pass in a hidden field to determine the question set. Is there an option where I don’t have to pass in anything additional?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @theted I’m afraid we don't have any other workarounds at this time, and in order to use this one, you would need to use the hidden field. :sob:

Can I change the order of the answers in a quiz? randomly order~!

first design the example is as below

question ABC

Answer list

A 001

B 002

C 003

D 004

E 005

F 006

first user contact the typeform link.

typeform quiz (first user)

Question ABC

Answer list (4 votes)

A 001

C 003

E 005

and another user contact the typeform link.

typeform quiz (second user)

Question ABC

Answer list (4 votes)

B 002

C 003

D 004

Is it possible ?

Thannks very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rapidme I added your post here where we have the answer and some workarounds. 😀

Hello!

So, I have 10 questions quiz for my students. However, I want the questions to be randomized PLUS only show 5 questions for each children (so every children gets different questions and different orders). Is it possible to do that in typeform? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PeanutButter thanks for stopping by! I added your post here where we have some possible solutions. 😀

I wnat to ask if I can create a punch of questions as a bank question to build an exam to examine my users’ knowledge in education fields. And for each time user try to solve the exam it will provide x number from bank questions and it has to to random.

So Can I use your platform to creat a bank question and randomize the questions. Also I want to embed the form to my platform and save the user grade after they finish the exam at my platform.

Could please tell if type form can serve my needs?

looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks you

Have a good day,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AlShaimaa I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 

I’m making a quiz and I’d like to randomize the “next question”. I included a graph in the attached image. I’d like people to get a random question from step 2 when finished with step 1, but then everyone should go back on the same track to question 3.

Thank you for your time.

Insane workarounds are welcome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @andrei.bsns happy Monday! I moved your post here where we have som existing workarounds for this. 😀

Hi, I have a 10 statements that I would like to randomize, is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @InnovationHub I moved your post here where we have the answer. 😀